PDA

View Full Version : GA-8IPE1000 Audio Issue

dustydad
August 6th 06, 04:24 PM
Hi

I just switched to the titiled Gigabyte motherboard from an ASUS
See:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus/browse_thread/thread/60dd9f479dbe0d2d

All is very good except the audio is screwy. The Gig board has a
realteck audio and I'm wondering if there is an old driver from my ASUS
board that is messing with the audio.

I hear sound but the normal sound with no audio effects is distorted
particularly around the human voice range. MP3 and even real CDs
sounds distorted.

Any body ever expereince this? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Dusty

dustydad
August 6th 06, 04:41 PM
OK I figured this out. There is a Voice Suppression Toggle. I thought
this only applied to the Microphone but in fact it applies to audio
playback as well.

I could not find driver issues.

Thanks
Dusty