PDA

View Full Version : GA8KNXP

Timelord
August 1st 06, 09:03 PM
Since fitting this new mainboard i have an unusual problem. Everytime i
launch a game the speaker inside my tower case gives a single beep & then my
keyboard stops working.
Could this be a PS2 connection problem??
If i unplug the keyboard when it is working i get the same beep as if the
motherboard is not detecting a keyboard.
If i try a PS2 to USB adapter & use this instead(making sure USB keyboard is
enabled in bios) do you think this will work.
Also i do not have the thin metal plate that surrounds the motherboard I/O
connectors & will this cause a problem. Does it earth the motherboard or
something??

All help will be appreciated.

BTW all drivers up to date & configuration is correct as i have had the same
mainboard before with exatly the same hardware fitted to it.

Phil.

Timelord
August 1st 06, 11:50 PM
I forgot to mention that my mouse & other devices still work fine so the pc
is not crashing itself, just the keyboard only.

. uk...