PDA

View Full Version : creative drivers available anywhere???

DrB
July 29th 06, 04:40 PM
Have a creative 3d blaster banshee card whose driver is messed up. Can not
find a replacement. Does anyone know where I can find one to run on WinXP?

Thanks for your help.

Bob Knowlden
July 29th 06, 06:22 PM
One place:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=11

Whether the 3rd party ones would be better than the ones included with XP, I
have no idea. I haven't owned any 3dfx cards since a Voodoo 2, which was
never used under XP.

"DrB" > wrote in message
> Have a creative 3d blaster banshee card whose driver is messed up. Can not
> find a replacement. Does anyone know where I can find one to run on WinXP?
>
> Thanks for your help.

First of One
July 30th 06, 05:26 PM
3dfx didn't live long enough to see the release of WinXP. Thus, you won't
find official Banshee drivers supporting 3D.

Your best bet is one of the drivers here:
http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/3dfx/banshee/winxp.htm

"DrB" > wrote in message
> Have a creative 3d blaster banshee card whose driver is messed up. Can not
> find a replacement. Does anyone know where I can find one to run on WinXP?
>
> Thanks for your help.

DrB
August 4th 06, 12:09 AM
Tried the sites provided but my card must be too old to find one. So I
bought a new card. Thanks for your help.

DrB