PDA

View Full Version : Help! Looking for R92LE driver

billygoat
July 27th 06, 02:40 PM
ATI/Radeon R92LE (V1.3) 128mb graphic card-having some problems running
Flight Sim2004 (no problems with most other games though??), it's been
suggested I download the latest drivers, but ATI site is a confusing
minefield of useless and non-relevant information-no help there...!
Anyone point me in the right direction for said drivers please?
Many thanks
BillyGoat

First of One
July 27th 06, 03:29 PM
Might as well download them here, less confusing:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=18

This is assuming you are using WinXP 32-bit. The latest is Catalyst 6.6.

Are you using the Catalyst Control Center right now?

"billygoat" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> ATI/Radeon R92LE (V1.3) 128mb graphic card-having some problems running
> Flight Sim2004 (no problems with most other games though??), it's been
> suggested I download the latest drivers, but ATI site is a confusing
> minefield of useless and non-relevant information-no help there...!
> Anyone point me in the right direction for said drivers please?
> Many thanks
> BillyGoat

billygoat
July 27th 06, 04:08 PM
> > Are you using the Catalyst Control Center right now?
> >
> """""BLUSH"""""" don't know........I'm a relative newbie.......!
> I'll try downloading that though, cheers.
> billy

UPDATE: downloaded ok but got the following error messages when trying
to install it-"INF error, video driver not found. Setup was unable to
complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a
standard VGA driver before running setup".

?

First of One
July 27th 06, 05:03 PM
Be sure to remove your existing ATi Display Driver and Control Panel before
attempting to install the new drivers. If those two items don't show up in
Windows Add/Remove Programs, Use the Catalyst Uninstaller utility:

<http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=1447>

Do everything from an Administrator's account.

"billygoat" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> UPDATE: downloaded ok but got the following error messages when trying
> to install it-"INF error, video driver not found. Setup was unable to
> complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a
> standard VGA driver before running setup".
>
> ?

billygoat
July 27th 06, 09:36 PM
OK here's the latest in the saga if anyone is interested...I've done as
the previous posters suggested but still get the error messages. I even
did a full reformat and re-install, but still it didn't work...
I guess I'll just have to accept that my pc and graphics card aint up
to playing graphic hungry games like FS2004. It's not a particularly
well-specced system-AMD Sempron 2800 (1.6GHz)/512mb ram and of course
the Radeon 9200SE graphic card.
Many thanks to all who took the trouble to help!
cheers
Billygoat

job
July 27th 06, 11:30 PM
"billygoat" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> OK here's the latest in the saga if anyone is interested...I've done as
> the previous posters suggested but still get the error messages. I even
> did a full reformat and re-install, but still it didn't work...
> I guess I'll just have to accept that my pc and graphics card aint up
> to playing graphic hungry games like FS2004. It's not a particularly
> well-specced system-AMD Sempron 2800 (1.6GHz)/512mb ram and of course
> the Radeon 9200SE graphic card.
> Many thanks to all who took the trouble to help!
> cheers
> Billygoat

Are you folowing instructions to the letter.Have you re-nstalled DirectX9C
and your motherboard drivers afyter the format?
The system should be able to play that game with some of the higher details
turned down and lower resolution.