PDA

View Full Version : What are the fastest GeForce models for AGP?

July 21st 06, 02:22 AM
Hello,

What are the fastest NVIDIA GeForce card models for AGP slots? Is it 6800 GS?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"... [Let us inquire] what glory there was in an omnipotent being torturing forever a puny little creature who could in no way defend himself? Would it be to the glory of a man to fry ants?" --Charlotte Perkins Gilman
/\___/\
( )

EDM
July 21st 06, 03:51 AM
> wrote in message ...
> Hello,
>
> What are the fastest NVIDIA GeForce card models for AGP slots? Is it 6800 GS?

No. The fastest nvidia AGP card, and in fact the fastest AGP
card ever made is Gainward's 7800GS+. The plus part means
it has a G71/7900GT core with 24 pipes.

Larry Roberts
July 21st 06, 04:03 AM
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:22:34 -0500, wrote:

>Hello,
>
>What are the fastest NVIDIA GeForce card models for AGP slots? Is it 6800 GS?
>
>Thank you in advance. :)

Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ 512MB is an AGP card that uses the 7900
GPU, and has the full 24 pixel pipeline. I think they are only sold in
Europe, but that may have changed.

July 21st 06, 05:33 AM
EDM > wrote:
> > wrote in message ...
> > Hello,
> >
> > What are the fastest NVIDIA GeForce card models for AGP slots? Is it 6800 GS?

> No. The fastest nvidia AGP card, and in fact the fastest AGP
> card ever made is Gainward's 7800GS+. The plus part means
> it has a G71/7900GT core with 24 pipes.

Ahh. Is that in U.S. Theother reply said it is only in Europe.
--
"... [Let us inquire] what glory there was in an omnipotent being torturing forever a puny little creature who could in no way defend himself? Would it be to the glory of a man to fry ants?" --Charlotte Perkins Gilman
/\___/\
( )

July 21st 06, 05:35 AM
> >Hello,
> >
> >What are the fastest NVIDIA GeForce card models for AGP slots? Is it 6800 GS?
> >
> >Thank you in advance. :)

> Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ 512MB is an AGP card that uses the 7900
> GPU, and has the full 24 pixel pipeline. I think they are only sold in
> Europe, but that may have changed.

OK, how about in U.S. then? I haven't seen a 7800GS+ in U.S. Newegg doesn't show it. It only
showed the non-Plus one.
--
"... [Let us inquire] what glory there was in an omnipotent being torturing forever a puny little creature who could in no way defend himself? Would it be to the glory of a man to fry ants?" --Charlotte Perkins Gilman
/\___/\
( )

EDM
July 21st 06, 06:25 AM
> wrote in message et...
> EDM > wrote:
> > > wrote in message ...
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > What are the fastest NVIDIA GeForce card models for AGP slots? Is it 6800 GS?
>
> > No. The fastest nvidia AGP card, and in fact the fastest AGP
> > card ever made is Gainward's 7800GS+. The plus part means
> > it has a G71/7900GT core with 24 pipes.
>
> Ahh. Is that in U.S. Theother reply said it is only in Europe.

A few EU retailers are shipping these cards to the U.S.
E.g. OcUK:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Nvidia_AGP_Graphics_Cards.html

Jim
July 21st 06, 12:29 PM
> OK, how about in U.S. then? I haven't seen a 7800GS+ in U.S.

As EDM already told you, this site ships to USA;

http://www.gainward.net/products/product.php?products_id=48

It'll set you back around $440.44 or so depending on the exchange rates
at time of purchase.
--

Jim
Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZASS 6.5, & WinXP Pro w/SP2

Unknown
July 21st 06, 02:36 PM
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:22:34 -0500, ANTant wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What are the fastest NVIDIA GeForce card models for AGP slots? Is it 6800 GS?
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

technically the 7800gs is faster but it would be cheaper and probably
faster to get a new pci-e motherboard and a standard 7900gt.

also the older 6800gt is also faster then the 6800gs since it has 16
pipelines vs the gs's 12