PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation3 about to go into mass production

Air Raid Mach 2.5
July 19th 06, 03:49 AM
Taiwan's Asustek Computer to deliver PS3 consoles to Sony from this
month - report

TAIPEI - Asustek Computer Inc. will deliver PlayStation 3 game
consoles to Sony Corp this month as the Japanese firm moves to step up
output to meet demand for the Christmas shopping season, the Commercial
Times reported, without citing a source.

The first consignment is for 4 million units, the report said, noting
that monthly shipments will start at 200,000 units, rising to 2 million
in October.

Meanwhile the report noted that, Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd,
will soon begin making the PS3 consoles for Sony as well.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/2006/07/18/afx2888056.html

well, it'll be interesting to see just how DOWNGRADED the final
PlayStation3 is.

*clockspeeds
*amount of active SPEs in CELL, and amount of active shader units in
RSX

Zackman
July 19th 06, 05:28 AM
Air Raid Mach 2.5 > spake thusly:

> Taiwan's Asustek Computer to deliver PS3 consoles to Sony from this
> month - report

Holy! If this is true, Sony is in way better shape for launch than has been
speculated, and I shall reluctantly eat my words about launch shortages. A
piece of good PS3 news?? Who'd have thought it was possible!

My ebay PS3 scalping operation just saw its profit forecast decrease.
Dammit!

-Z-

John Lewis
July 19th 06, 05:40 AM
On 18 Jul 2006 19:49:28 -0700, "Air Raid Mach 2.5"
> wrote:

>well, it'll be interesting to see just how DOWNGRADED the final
>PlayStation3 is.
>
>*clockspeeds
>*amount of active SPEs in CELL, and amount of active shader units in
>RSX

Well, well the troll has changed his name yet again.

John Lewis

Chris F
July 19th 06, 08:46 AM
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 04:40:36 GMT, (John Lewis)
wrote:

>On 18 Jul 2006 19:49:28 -0700, "Air Raid Mach 2.5"
> wrote:
>
>>well, it'll be interesting to see just how DOWNGRADED the final
>>PlayStation3 is.
>>
>>*clockspeeds
>>*amount of active SPEs in CELL, and amount of active shader units in
>>RSX
>>

>Well, well the troll has changed his name yet again.
>
>John Lewis

he has used that one before, he must have as my newsreader filtered
out his post.
--

gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk

Northern Deity
July 19th 06, 10:32 AM
Blig Merk wrote

> Air-Head Raid Mach 2.5 hallucinated:
> > well, it'll be interesting to see just how DOWNGRADED the final
> > PlayStation3 is.
> >

>Are you a total ****ing
> moron? Nod your head up and down, dope.

Says the spactard replying to him!

Brenden D. Chase
July 19th 06, 04:07 PM
Air Raid Mach 2.5 wrote:

> http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/2006/07/18/afx2888056.html
>

> well, it'll be interesting to see just how DOWNGRADED the final
> PlayStation3 is.
>
> *clockspeeds
> *amount of active SPEs in CELL, and amount of active shader units in
> RSX

I dont understand why you would want it Downgraded?. And besides, if
Sony already has a company manufacturing the console itself, dont you
think that the final spec has to be already out there. Developers would
have had a **** fit if they dropped the spec now. The PS3 is what it
is.. its not going to change now.

'Someone want to try starting up that hype machine again... we finally
got some gas.'

This is good news all around. WHY? Because competition is good. And for
a while there i was beginning to think that PS3 wasnt going to make it.

Ian O
July 19th 06, 06:07 PM
John Lewis wrote:
> On 18 Jul 2006 19:49:28 -0700, "Air Raid Mach 2.5"
> > wrote:
>

>> well, it'll be interesting to see just how DOWNGRADED the final
>> PlayStation3 is.
>>
>> *clockspeeds
>> *amount of active SPEs in CELL, and amount of active shader units in
>> RSX
>>

> Well, well the troll has changed his name yet again.
>
> John Lewis

Does my head in, but don't tell him that!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0629-1, 19/07/2006
Tested on: 19/07/2006 18:07:11

Rich
July 19th 06, 09:26 PM
"Air Raid Mach 2.5" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Taiwan's Asustek Computer to deliver PS3 consoles to Sony from this
> month - report

Wow, Asus making consoles? That's like going to the BMW dealer to change
the oil in a '76 Gremlin.

Zackman
July 20th 06, 05:06 AM
Blig Merk > spake thusly:

> You lunatic dumb****. You are the *ONLY* one now fixated on this total
> horse****.

He may be a lunatic and/or a dumb**** -- much like yourself -- but he's
obviously not the only one "fixated" on it:

http://ozymandias.com/archive/2006/07/18/Playstation-3-CPU-Speed-Downgrade-Rumor---Redux.aspx

I like the post in the comments section about Sony claiming the PSP has a
333 MHz CPU, even though it's capped at 222 MHz. You're the resident Sony
expert, Bliggy. Is that piece of chicanery true?

-Z-