PDA

View Full Version : Front panel pinout for Compaq Evo P4 motherboard 308987-001

Ben Myers
July 18th 06, 12:52 AM
Anybody have the pinout for the front panel leads for the Compaq Evo P4 microATX
motherboard, part #308897-001 ? Can't find anything on the HPaq web site, and
the board is not well marked. This is a board with two DIMM sockets running
diagonally. Thanks much... Ben Myers

Ben Myers
July 19th 06, 01:11 PM
To answer my own question, after searching for "Evo 310" manuals on the HP web
site, I downloaded the "product manual" for the Evo 310, c00283275.pdf. The
front panel is shown in a picture. I used Adobe Acrobat to view the document,
of course, and blew it up to 400% of actual size. Then I captured the screen
showning the blown up image of the front panel connectors, with a legend that
shows the use of the important wire pairs.

Gee, I'm glad HP makes this sort of thing ever so easy... Ben Myers

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:52:33 -0400, Ben Myers <ben_myers_spam_me_not @
charter.net> wrote:

>Anybody have the pinout for the front panel leads for the Compaq Evo P4 microATX
>motherboard, part #308897-001 ? Can't find anything on the HPaq web site, and
>the board is not well marked. This is a board with two DIMM sockets running
>diagonally. Thanks much... Ben Myers

July 24th 06, 09:51 PM
Ben Myers wrote:
> To answer my own question, after searching for "Evo 310" manuals on the HP web
> site, I downloaded the "product manual" for the Evo 310, c00283275.pdf. The
> front panel is shown in a picture. I used Adobe Acrobat to view the document,
> of course, and blew it up to 400% of actual size. Then I captured the screen
> showning the blown up image of the front panel connectors, with a legend that
> shows the use of the important wire pairs.
>
> Gee, I'm glad HP makes this sort of thing ever so easy... Ben Myers

I've always been fond of the flat blade screwdriver method of finding
the power and reset pins. :)

Ben Myers
July 24th 06, 11:35 PM
The flat blade always works one way or another. The risk is always that the
wrong pair of pins gets shorted and the motherboard gets completely hosed.
That's why I tend to favor annotated images of boards, diagrams, tables and
charts in manufacturer documents. You see, I have this inbred phobia about
burning out motherboards, especially when they belong to someone else on my
repair bench. And yes, I get computers for service all the time to clean up
the mess the owner made by disconnecting all the wires. I also see all kinds
of stray motherboards here... Ben Myers