PDA

View Full Version : ot but i have a monitor problem

bgame63
July 16th 06, 05:29 PM
once and a while my monitor reverts to some state where i have to
redo all my screen settings so my desktop fits the screen is my monitor
going
bad or is it something else causing this
tia bgame

http://www.usenet.com

Garrot
July 16th 06, 09:23 PM
On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:29:26 -0400, bgame63 wrote:

> once and a while my monitor reverts to some state where i have to
> redo all my screen settings so my desktop fits the screen is my monitor
> going
> bad or is it something else causing this
> tia bgame

What rfresh rates are you using? You may need to get a utility to lock your
refresh rates so nothing can change them. Or maybe you are setting the
refresh rate to a higher value than your monitor supports? For Nvidia cards
Refresh Lock works well.

bgame63
July 16th 06, 10:23 PM
"Garrot" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:29:26 -0400, bgame63 wrote:
>
>> once and a while my monitor reverts to some state where i have to
>> redo all my screen settings so my desktop fits the screen is my monitor
>> going
>> bad or is it something else causing this
>> tia bgame
>
> What rfresh rates are you using? You may need to get a utility to lock
> your
> refresh rates so nothing can change them. Or maybe you are setting the
> refresh rate to a higher value than your monitor supports? For Nvidia
> cards
> Refresh Lock works well.

no my refresh rates aren't changing i leave my computer
on and walk away and it has done it with nothing else
running except what runs at start and that hasn't changed

http://www.usenet.com

First of One
July 17th 06, 03:40 AM
Could be nVidia's "Direct Access" feature kicking in unexpectedly. Follow
the instructions here to disable it:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia/browse_thread/thread/8a9c43aaa7548140/d024600f40c40050

"bgame63" > wrote in message
> once and a while my monitor reverts to some state where i have to
> redo all my screen settings so my desktop fits the screen is my monitor
> going bad or is it something else causing this
> tia bgame

bgame63
July 17th 06, 07:53 PM
does this work with all the latest drivers
i got mine from Vega site 91.??

"First of One" > wrote in message
> Could be nVidia's "Direct Access" feature kicking in unexpectedly. Follow
> the instructions here to disable it:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia/browse_thread/thread/8a9c43aaa7548140/d024600f40c40050

> "bgame63" > wrote in message
>> once and a while my monitor reverts to some state where i have to
>> redo all my screen settings so my desktop fits the screen is my monitor
>> going bad or is it something else causing this
>> tia bgame

http://www.usenet.com

First of One
July 17th 06, 11:47 PM
Are those two DLL files still present in your system? If so, then move or
rename them.

"bgame63" > wrote in message
> does this work with all the latest drivers
> i got mine from Vega site 91.??
>
> "First of One" > wrote in message
>> Could be nVidia's "Direct Access" feature kicking in unexpectedly. Follow
>> the instructions here to disable it:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia/browse_thread/thread/8a9c43aaa7548140/d024600f40c40050

bgame63
July 18th 06, 12:18 AM
i renamed them as per the google thing but 1 of them showed
when i highlighted as a Arabic language file