PDA

View Full Version : Bad Lightscribe DVD burner, again!

ng_reader
July 9th 06, 03:53 PM
I have this inexpensive Presario desktop that came bundled with the OEM
Lightscribe DVD burner. That lasted about a month. Piece of junk.

HP-Compaq sent a replacement, a Samsung lightscribe DVD that is making a
very weird but definitely bad, destructive noise.

So, two in less than a year.

Hopefully I call to get my replacement shipped before the warranty is up.

But, big ups to telephone tech support at HP. A; they were courteous, b:
they were knowledgeable c; English was NOT their second language d; they
seemed to be friendly

ng_reader
July 28th 06, 06:00 PM
"ng_reader" > wrote in message
. ..
>I have this inexpensive Presario desktop that came bundled with the OEM
>Lightscribe DVD burner. That lasted about a month. Piece of junk.
>
> HP-Compaq sent a replacement, a Samsung lightscribe DVD that is making a
> very weird but definitely bad, destructive noise.
>
> So, two in less than a year.
>
> Hopefully I call to get my replacement shipped before the warranty is up.
>
> But, big ups to telephone tech support at HP. A; they were courteous, b:
> they were knowledgeable c; English was NOT their second language d; they
> seemed to be friendly

They sent the replacement, another HP branded one. Some issues with DMA,
but not warranting further action as of yet.