PDA

View Full Version : eVGA Card Question

Datura
July 6th 06, 07:44 AM
With the eVGA nVIDIA 7800GS CO AGP card, there are two versions, one with a
eVGA fan and one with a regular fan. The card with the eVGA fan costs more.
Does anyone know if the eVGA fans are worth the extra money?

Thanks

Mangyrat
July 6th 06, 06:20 PM
I haven't looked at it but it might be the heatsink/fan that covers the
memory chips like the KO cards.
but it could also be a pricing mistake check the card numbers if they are
different look it up and see what is different

"Datura" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> With the eVGA nVIDIA 7800GS CO AGP card, there are two versions, one with
> a eVGA fan and one with a regular fan. The card with the eVGA fan costs
> more. Does anyone know if the eVGA fans are worth the extra money?
>
> Thanks

Datura
July 6th 06, 07:02 PM
"Mangyrat" > wrote in message
>I haven't looked at it but it might be the heatsink/fan that covers the
>memory chips like the KO cards.
> but it could also be a pricing mistake check the card numbers if they are
> different look it up and see what is different
>

> "Datura" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>> With the eVGA nVIDIA 7800GS CO AGP card, there are two versions, one with
>> a eVGA fan and one with a regular fan. The card with the eVGA fan costs
>> more. Does anyone know if the eVGA fans are worth the extra money?
>>
>> Thanks

This is the one without the evga fan:
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-A8-N507-AX&family=22

This is the one with the evga fan:
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-A8-N506-AX&family=22

Mangyrat
July 6th 06, 09:37 PM
i think the evga one has a better heatsink with copper in it. but they both
have the same specs.
go to evga forum and ask im shure some one will know the diferance.

"Datura" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> "Mangyrat" > wrote in message
>>I haven't looked at it but it might be the heatsink/fan that covers the
>>memory chips like the KO cards.
>> but it could also be a pricing mistake check the card numbers if they are
>> different look it up and see what is different
>>

>> "Datura" > wrote in message
>> nk.net...
>>> With the eVGA nVIDIA 7800GS CO AGP card, there are two versions, one
>>> with a eVGA fan and one with a regular fan. The card with the eVGA fan
>>> costs more. Does anyone know if the eVGA fans are worth the extra money?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>

> This is the one without the evga fan:
> http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-A8-N507-AX&family=22
>
> This is the one with the evga fan:
> http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-A8-N506-AX&family=22

First of One
July 7th 06, 12:36 AM
Both cards are on backorder if you wish to buy from eVGA directly. The
*MSRP* difference is only $5, which will disappear at retailers.

"Datura" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> This is the one without the evga fan:
> http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-A8-N507-AX&family=22
>
> This is the one with the evga fan:
> http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-A8-N506-AX&family=22

Datura
July 7th 06, 07:37 AM
"First of One" > wrote in message
> Both cards are on backorder if you wish to buy from eVGA directly. The
> *MSRP* difference is only $5, which will disappear at retailers.

You know it just sunk in when you said that the difference is only $5, that
if I'm going to spend a few hundred dollars on a card, I might as well fork
out the extra $5 and get a better (possibly) fan *_*

Mangyrat
July 7th 06, 03:23 PM
the cost of the high end agp cards almost justify going pci-e.

the 7900 GT KO SC I have cost the same as that 7800 AGP card he wants.
this is what i would do befor i spent $340 on a VGA card he can mostlikly
use his old mem and case and all that.

$109 for a cpu amd 64 3500+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103533
$67 for a main board MSI K8N Neo4-f
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130491
$261 for a new video card 7900gt
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130028
that's $100 more than you were spending but now your not beating a almost
dead horse.

"Datura" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> "First of One" > wrote in message
>> Both cards are on backorder if you wish to buy from eVGA directly. The
>> *MSRP* difference is only $5, which will disappear at retailers.
>>

> You know it just sunk in when you said that the difference is only $5,
> that if I'm going to spend a few hundred dollars on a card, I might as
> well fork out the extra $5 and get a better (possibly) fan *_*

Datura
July 7th 06, 08:29 PM
"Mangyrat" > wrote in message
> the cost of the high end agp cards almost justify going pci-e.
>
> the 7900 GT KO SC I have cost the same as that 7800 AGP card he wants.
> this is what i would do befor i spent $340 on a VGA card he can mostlikly
> use his old mem and case and all that.
>
> $109 for a cpu amd 64 3500+
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103533
> $67 for a main board MSI K8N Neo4-f
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130491
> $261 for a new video card 7900gt
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130028
> that's $100 more than you were spending but now your not beating a almost
> dead horse.
>
> "Datura" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> "First of One" > wrote in message
>>> Both cards are on backorder if you wish to buy from eVGA directly. The
>>> *MSRP* difference is only $5, which will disappear at retailers.
>>>

>> You know it just sunk in when you said that the difference is only $5,
>> that if I'm going to spend a few hundred dollars on a card, I might as
>> well fork out the extra $5 and get a better (possibly) fan *_*

I agree, but for my purpose the new card is fine. I am not a serious gamer,
I really only play one game: Neverwinter Nights and I am upgrading only for
NWN2 which is not out until this September. The card is several categories
higher than the recommended, not minimum, requirements. By the time NWN3
comes out, maybe 5 years+, I will have the $$$ to do a serious upgrade or
rather build a new one from the ground up - or I will have gotten hit by a
bus and then I can haunt people *grin*

Mangyrat
July 8th 06, 02:20 AM
LOL watch out for them bus's
Neverwinters night is a great game i still have it loaded on my old game
rig.

ink.net...