PDA

View Full Version : it seems AMD has bought ATI Technologies

AirRaid
July 5th 06, 08:49 PM
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31808

http://tech.sina.com.cn/it/2006-07-04/16001020773.shtml

http://www.tinyurl.com/mf8m6

__________________________________
Rumours eventually become a reality.

July 4 at noon, a person close to the negotiations which side to the
author revealed that AMD has reached a purchase agreement with ATI, the
news will soon be officially announced.

The source also disclosed that the company is currently ATI acquisition
side "a big shake-up" but he refused to disclose more, such as
purchasing, pricing details.
____________________________________

http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33860444

"According to a Chinese newspaper AMD has acquired ATI and the news
will be made public soon"

___________________________________

http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid1152063655,35448,

5-July-2006 (Wednesday)

AMD bought over ATi ??
Posted by overclocker at 1:40

According to a news article on Sinatech 新浪网, a Chinese daily. It
reported that there is news that AMD has acquired ATi and it will be
officially announced.

The person who disclosed this news to the media didn't reveal too much
details involving the acquistion deal including the price of the deal
etc.

If AMD buys ATi, that will definitely remap the ATi's integtated
graphics strategy. AMD's partner is NV. NV's might have to re focus on
the Intel platform.

AirRaid
July 8th 06, 09:19 PM
some of the links / urls in my OP have gone dead.

here are some additional working ones ( i hope )

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31808

http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33860483

http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33858233

Barry Watzman
July 8th 06, 11:48 PM
You did notice that those reports were from 2003, right?

AirRaid wrote:

> some of the links / urls in my OP have gone dead.
>
> here are some additional working ones ( i hope )
>

> http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31808
>
> http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33860483
>
> http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33858233

Gato Loco
July 9th 06, 05:31 PM
On 5 Jul 2006 12:49:25 -0700, "AirRaid" > wrote:

>http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31808
>
>http://tech.sina.com.cn/it/2006-07-04/16001020773.shtml
>
>http://www.tinyurl.com/mf8m6
>
>__________________________________
>Rumours eventually become a reality.
>
>July 4 at noon, a person close to the negotiations which side to the
>author revealed that AMD has reached a purchase agreement with ATI, the
>news will soon be officially announced.
>
>The source also disclosed that the company is currently ATI acquisition
>side "a big shake-up" but he refused to disclose more, such as
>purchasing, pricing details.
>____________________________________
>

>http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33860444
>
>"According to a Chinese newspaper AMD has acquired ATI and the news
>will be made public soon"
>
>___________________________________
>
>http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid1152063655,35448,
>
>5-July-2006 (Wednesday)
>
>AMD bought over ATi ??
>Posted by overclocker at 1:40
>
>According to a news article on Sinatech ???, a Chinese daily. It
>reported that there is news that AMD has acquired ATi and it will be
>officially announced.
>
>The person who disclosed this news to the media didn't reveal too much
>details involving the acquistion deal including the price of the deal
>etc.
>
>If AMD buys ATi, that will definitely remap the ATi's integtated
>graphics strategy. AMD's partner is NV. NV's might have to re focus on
>the Intel platform.

Now maybe we will get better 64 bit support for the All in wonders.

Gato Loco