PDA

View Full Version : Tray icon


Danny
June 30th 06, 01:38 PM
And I don't mean the infernal balloon tip.

For some reason the standard tray icon which you can normally remove via
'tools' now refuses to sod off.

It keeps reappearing at boot.

Anyone know how to permanently obliterate it?

--
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

David Vair
June 30th 06, 02:50 PM
You can't, hopefully next driver release will fix this too.
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"Danny" > wrote in message ...
> And I don't mean the infernal balloon tip.
>
> For some reason the standard tray icon which you can normally remove via 'tools' now refuses to
> sod off.
>
> It keeps reappearing at boot.
>
> Anyone know how to permanently obliterate it?
>
> --
> "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
> administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
>

Danny
June 30th 06, 02:58 PM
David Vair wrote:
> You can't, hopefully next driver release will fix this too.
>

Oh for God's sake. Did Nvidia get blootered while they were coding these
drivers?

Thanks for the info.

--
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Conor
June 30th 06, 05:29 PM
In article >, Danny says...
> And I don't mean the infernal balloon tip.
>
> For some reason the standard tray icon which you can normally remove via
> 'tools' now refuses to sod off.
>
> It keeps reappearing at boot.
>
> Anyone know how to permanently obliterate it?
>
Right Click on Taskbar, select properties and alter the notifications
for it to Always Hide.


--
Conor
Sig under construction. Please check back when Duke Nukem Forever ships
and/or Windows Vista is released.

Cashback on online purchases:
http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/Conor/ref/index.htm

BigVoice
July 1st 06, 12:57 PM
>>

This method just fools your eyes as a tempory measure which does not
solve the problem.

>Right Click on Taskbar, select properties and alter the notifications
>for it to Always Hide.

R.V. Gronoff
July 1st 06, 02:39 PM
Danny a écrit :
> And I don't mean the infernal balloon tip.
>
> For some reason the standard tray icon which you can normally remove via
> 'tools' now refuses to sod off.
>
> It keeps reappearing at boot.
>
> Anyone know how to permanently obliterate it?
>

Open the control panel and select "Use Nvidia classic control panel".

Then open your display properties and uncheck "Activate icon in the
taskbar".

--
Virez Ahmadinejad pour me répondre.
Remove Ahmadinejad to reply.

BigVoice
July 2nd 06, 02:14 AM
>Open the control panel and select "Use Nvidia classic control panel".
>
>Then open your display properties and uncheck "Activate icon in the
>taskbar".

The active icon only disappears at the time your uncheck the box.
When you reboot your PC it shows up again.
Actually this is a bug and the beta version 91.33 has fixed this
problem. Just wait for a while for the final release.

R.V. Gronoff
July 2nd 06, 04:04 AM
BigVoice a écrit :
>> Open the control panel and select "Use Nvidia classic control panel".
>>
>> Then open your display properties and uncheck "Activate icon in the
>> taskbar".
>
> The active icon only disappears at the time your uncheck the box.
> When you reboot your PC it shows up again.
> Actually this is a bug and the beta version 91.33 has fixed this
> problem. Just wait for a while for the final release.

Ok. Anyway, I always keep the nvidia tray icon on, so it's no big deal.

--
Virez Ahmadinejad pour me répondre.
Remove Ahmadinejad to reply.

July 3rd 06, 12:09 AM
Danny wrote:
> And I don't mean the infernal balloon tip.
>
> For some reason the standard tray icon which you can normally remove via
> 'tools' now refuses to sod off.
>
> It keeps reappearing at boot.
>
> Anyone know how to permanently obliterate it?
>
> --
> "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
> administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Must have been a clever idea from the nvidia marketing department. The
better for them to tell us of the wonders of spending 200% for 2 cards
so we can get 5-10 fps increase for some games... instead of using
thrid pary drivers with one card...