PDA

View Full Version : asus motherboard probs

andy pandy
June 24th 06, 08:10 PM
hi
just trying to get my friends computer working.it is a asus A7N266 VM mother
board with amd 2400 cpu,
it worked one day ,the next day it would not boot , nothing appears on
screen, cd drawers wont open , hard drive not kicking in.
if you remove the ide leads from cd units or hard drive they power up.
i purchased another motherboard and fitted but have exactly the same problem
with this board.
now wondering if the processor has died,
has anyone else experienced these problems
please advise as i am now at a loss as what to try
regards
Andy

Ville Muikkula
June 24th 06, 08:38 PM
andy pandy <andy > wrote:

> it worked one day ,the next day it would not boot , nothing appears on
> screen, cd drawers wont open , hard drive not kicking in.

Maybe the power supply has gone bad.

andy pandy
June 24th 06, 08:45 PM
power supply seems fine. there is power to board and all drives , just wont
work with ide leads plugged in.
mighty strange
"Ville Muikkula" > wrote in message
> andy pandy <andy > wrote:
>
>> it worked one day ,the next day it would not boot , nothing appears on
>> screen, cd drawers wont open , hard drive not kicking in.
>
> Maybe the power supply has gone bad.

Ville Muikkula
June 24th 06, 08:53 PM
andy pandy <andy > wrote:

> power supply seems fine. there is power to board and all drives , just
> wont work with ide leads plugged in.

You might still want to experiment with another PSU. It is one of the
easiest components to change. You can borrow one from another PC.

andy pandy
June 25th 06, 02:11 PM
your a star, tried another unit and all is well. must have been sending a
fault down to the motherboard.
thank you
andy