PDA

View Full Version : Compaq Presario 1060 Cmos Battery

June 22nd 06, 08:22 PM
I have a Compaq Presario 1060 laptop computer that I _think_ has a
cmos battery that needs to be replaced. I have no info on the laptop
and am not even sure it has a cmos battery. However, I assume it has
one based on perusal of a Google group forum, and the fact that
several web sites are marketing coin like batteries for the Presario
1060.

Could anyone tell me if the Compaq Presario 1060 laptop does have a
cmos battery? If it does, could you tell me where it is located on the
motherboard or elsewhere and how big in diameter it is ? I did have
the computer wrist plate cover off, and lifted the keyboard off but did
not see anything that looked like a cmos battery that I'm accustomed
to.. Also removed the hard drive but nothing was under it. .

Thanks for any feedback.

Dale