PDA

View Full Version : XFX company... Did anyone have problems with their support?

June 22nd 06, 07:57 AM
Is it me or is this XFX company awful? Its support sucks, telephone calls kept dropping,
RMA within warranty requires signature confirmation for proof of sending it, they took
their own forums down, their support requires members to register, must have serial # and
model # or no support, won't answer question about how long it usually take to RMA, etc.

I am never buying their cards again. I hope they RMA my card. They have to check on to see
if it is really broken and I didn't do anything to void my warranty (had it for 7 months).
Bad comments on http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTA2OSwyLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==
(bottom section about XFX).

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"You're kissing an ant hill." --Mike Nelson
/\___/\
( )

John Lewis
June 22nd 06, 08:29 AM
On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:57:02 -0500, wrote:

>Is it me or is this XFX company awful?

Not you.

> Its support sucks, telephone calls kept dropping,
>RMA within warranty requires signature confirmation for proof of sending it, they took
>their own forums down, their support requires members to register, must have serial # and
>model # or no support, won't answer question about how long it usually take to RMA, etc.
>
>I am never buying their cards again. I hope they RMA my card. They have to check on to see
>if it is really broken and I didn't do anything to void my warranty (had it for 7 months).
>Bad comments on http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTA2OSwyLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==
>(bottom section about XFX).

eVGA and BFG seem to be the only 2 nVidia partners with REAL
after-sales product support. This has been the situation for a long
time as regular readers of these newsgroups know very well.

I suspect that all the others use rusty tramp-steamers to China for
RMA returns. And typhoon season is approaching fast............

John Lewis

>Thank you in advance. :)
>--
>"You're kissing an ant hill." --Mike Nelson
> /\___/\
> / /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
>| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net
> \ _ / Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail.
> ( )

June 22nd 06, 11:22 AM
wrote:
> Is it me or is this XFX company awful?

Fine by me. I reported my problem on their support site and a week or
so later they gave me a new BIOS which fixed it...

Deleting their forums was pretty odd behaviour though.

Mark

Ian O
June 22nd 06, 12:52 PM
wrote:
> Is it me or is this XFX company awful? Its support sucks, telephone calls kept dropping,
> RMA within warranty requires signature confirmation for proof of sending it, they took
> their own forums down, their support requires members to register, must have serial # and
> model # or no support, won't answer question about how long it usually take to RMA, etc.
>
> I am never buying their cards again. I hope they RMA my card. They have to check on to see
> if it is really broken and I didn't do anything to void my warranty (had it for 7 months).
> Bad comments on http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTA2OSwyLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==
> (bottom section about XFX).
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

Well for motherboards I wasn't happy, a relative bought one and there
was no tangible support for anything, not even any sign of BIOS updates
for newer CPUs. We didn't know at the time it was - I think - just a
clone of an ECS/PC Chips type board. Can't say that the board didn't
work reasonably well, but my perception of XFX is ruined and I won't
even consider a gfx card of theirs. I am probably being unfair, but
things like that stick. With cards so similar churned out from so many
makers there is no reason to take risks on someone you don't feel right
about.

However, testing returned products is fairly common to all isn't it?
I've been in a "there's nothing wrong with it", "oh yes there is!" loop
myself in the past and there's nothing worse than that.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-5, 21/06/2006
Tested on: 22/06/2006 12:52:47

Aowrtw
June 22nd 06, 03:10 PM
wrote:

>Is it me or is this XFX company awful? Its support sucks, telephone calls kept dropping,
>RMA within warranty requires signature confirmation for proof of sending it, they took
>their own forums down, their support requires members to register, must have serial # and
>model # or no support, won't answer question about how long it usually take to RMA, etc.
>
>I am never buying their cards again. I hope they RMA my card. They have to check on to see
>if it is really broken and I didn't do anything to void my warranty (had it for 7 months).
>Bad comments on http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTA2OSwyLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==
>(bottom section about XFX).
>
>Thank you in advance. :)

Strange, I've had one dealing with XFX-support, and they replied very
fast to my e-mails on the support-page. I've had a broken fan on a
GeForce4 card, and they posted me a free one. No proof of anything,
they only wanted the serial of the card, that's all.
This was some years ago, maybe it's gotten bad since, and I must add
that their replacement fan broke down only days later.
I put in a fan of my own, and it's been playing ever since.

Benjamin Gawert
June 22nd 06, 08:03 PM
* :

> Is it me or is this XFX company awful?

It's probably XFX. I didn't buy anything from them but I have some
friends who did, and I also read several complaints about them as well.
The DOA percentage seems to be quite high, and the support not worth
mentioning.

I for myself bought several PNY cards (Geforce and Quadro). Their
support is really great and they also offer 3 years of warranty on their
cards.

Benjamin

June 27th 06, 03:18 PM
My beautiful 6600GT AGP card died a week ago....it was my first
graphics card....Ive requested xfx for help and have got a reply to try
changing the power lead....that hasnt worked...

I bought the card in Nov 2004 from scan.co.uk who provide a 1 year
warranty. XFX does give a two year warranty but from the way their
support replied, I dont think they are going to honour this.

Im distraught to say the least...

June 27th 06, 10:39 PM
In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia wrote:
> My beautiful 6600GT AGP card died a week ago....it was my first
> graphics card....Ive requested xfx for help and have got a reply to try
> changing the power lead....that hasnt worked...

> I bought the card in Nov 2004 from scan.co.uk who provide a 1 year
> warranty. XFX does give a two year warranty but from the way their
> support replied, I dont think they are going to honour this.

> Im distraught to say the least...

That sucks. :(
--
"It's like stepping on ants... I don't step on ants, Major." --Odo and Kira from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
/\___/\
( )

Gus
June 29th 06, 05:10 AM
I bought the 5950 from XFX when it came out. I RMA'd it at least 4 times.
It's still broken, I've moved on to BFG which has some of the best support
in the industry.

Gus

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> My beautiful 6600GT AGP card died a week ago....it was my first
> graphics card....Ive requested xfx for help and have got a reply to try
> changing the power lead....that hasnt worked...
>
> I bought the card in Nov 2004 from scan.co.uk who provide a 1 year
> warranty. XFX does give a two year warranty but from the way their
> support replied, I dont think they are going to honour this.
>
> Im distraught to say the least...

July 18th 06, 03:42 PM
My friend, who got me the XFX card and RMA'ed twice so far, shows me why XFX has bad support:

Session Start (ant:O): Mon Jul 17 23:04:16 2006
[23:04] O: xfx support REALLY ****es me off now.
[23:04] *** Auto-response sent to O: AFK: Ant is currently temporarily away from his computer at
the moment. He is probably in the restroom or somewhere close by...
[23:18] O: they called me today...and said they didn't find what i reported to them wrong.
[23:18] O: and i said...oh?...
[23:18] O: he said..yea..the fan spins.
[23:18] O: and i told him that I never reported the fan not working.
[23:19] O: so he told me that's not what he saw on the ticket.
[23:19] O: so i told him what had gone on.
[23:19] O: how it was a second bad card..the nvidia control panel problem..and what not.
[23:19] O: and he's like..oh..i don't see that.
[23:19] O: i'm like..because it's an extension of the original ticket from the first rma.
[23:20] O: what a bunch of liars.
[00:47] *** "O" signed off at Tue Jul 18 00:47:15 2006.

Frustrating!! :(

--
"... [Let us inquire] what glory there was in an omnipotent being torturing forever a puny little creature who could in no way defend himself? Would it be to the glory of a man to fry ants?" --Charlotte Perkins Gilman
/\___/\
( )

August 11th 06, 02:03 PM
xfx refusedd to rma my card saying that their 2 year manufacturer's
warranty is a courtesy warranty........anyways, i have now got a BFG
card... i will be lookinf for lifetime warranty in everything i buy
from now on...even if its a little more expensive....

Faisal

DRS
August 13th 06, 06:48 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com
> xfx refusedd to rma my card saying that their 2 year manufacturer's
> warranty is a courtesy warranty........anyways, i have now got a BFG
> card... i will be lookinf for lifetime warranty in everything i buy
> from now on...even if its a little more expensive....

You should check the consumer law where you are before giving up. In
Australia the Trade Practices Act gives certain statutory warranty rights to
consumers and woe betide any manufacturer who tries to flout them. Just
because a corporation says a thing does not mean it is so.

First of One
August 13th 06, 09:51 PM
There's no such thing as a "courtesy" warranty. The warranty is always
precisely defined and usually comes on a separate sheet full of legalese.
What was the exact reason that made XFX refuse to honor your warranty?

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> xfx refusedd to rma my card saying that their 2 year manufacturer's
> warranty is a courtesy warranty........anyways, i have now got a BFG
> card... i will be lookinf for lifetime warranty in everything i buy
> from now on...even if its a little more expensive....
>
> Faisal

Blitzko
August 15th 06, 02:18 PM
I'm just in the final stages of an RMA process to get a replacement from
XFX (North America) for a defective 6600GT. Other than long shipping times,
(16 days to get to XFX in California from Ontario, Canada and an estimated
10 days to get back to me from XFX in California - should arrive August 21,
2006) the RMA process has been textbook - handled via their website (and
one phone call) through e-mail. Here in Canada and US the warranty is
double lifetime on the cards (first owner and any subsequent owner) as long
as the card has been registered with them (on-line) and you have a copy of
your original invoice.

Blitzko

"DRS" > wrote in
: