PDA

View Full Version : Mic and 8ik1100?

June 17th 06, 05:15 AM
That AC97 audio Configuration Application that comes with the board can
NEVER detect what is plugged into what, therefore my Logitech headset
will not work.
Is there a way to just disable the damn thing and let pink = mic, green
= speakers, and blue - the headphone jack?

Ian O
June 17th 06, 05:55 PM
wrote:
> That AC97 audio Configuration Application that comes with the board can
> NEVER detect what is plugged into what, therefore my Logitech headset
> will not work.
> Is there a way to just disable the damn thing and let pink = mic, green
> = speakers, and blue - the headphone jack?

I have that too - ONLY with a Logitech headset! Autosense can be
disabled in the Sound Manager, AFAIK I seem to recall you even get
offered this when it complains that the device might not be connected??

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0624-2, 15/06/2006
Tested on: 17/06/2006 17:55:10

June 18th 06, 01:50 AM
Ian O wrote:
> wrote:
> > That AC97 audio Configuration Application that comes with the board can
> > NEVER detect what is plugged into what, therefore my Logitech headset
> > will not work.
> > Is there a way to just disable the damn thing and let pink = mic, green
> > = speakers, and blue - the headphone jack?
> >

> I have that too - ONLY with a Logitech headset! Autosense can be
> disabled in the Sound Manager, AFAIK I seem to recall you even get
> offered this when it complains that the device might not be connected??
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0624-2, 15/06/2006
> Tested on: 17/06/2006 17:55:10

Sucks....
anyway, I have a set of speakers that has its own earphone jack. I'll
use that and the pink mic jack.

Ian O
June 18th 06, 09:54 AM
wrote:
> Ian O wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> That AC97 audio Configuration Application that comes with the board can
>>> NEVER detect what is plugged into what, therefore my Logitech headset
>>> will not work.
>>> Is there a way to just disable the damn thing and let pink = mic, green
>>> = speakers, and blue - the headphone jack?
>>>
>> I have that too - ONLY with a Logitech headset! Autosense can be
>> disabled in the Sound Manager, AFAIK I seem to recall you even get
>> offered this when it complains that the device might not be connected??
>>

>> ---
>> avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
>> Virus Database (VPS): 0624-2, 15/06/2006
>> Tested on: 17/06/2006 17:55:10
>
> Sucks....
> anyway, I have a set of speakers that has its own earphone jack. I'll
> use that and the pink mic jack.

Sorry, I never did work out what is not on the line of the Logitech Mic
that the sensor is looking for. And it is a good mic too! I stopped
using the on board sound and fitted a card for other reasons, so I can't
quite remember how to get round it. My new card has enough jacks not to
need assignments, I needed a permanent line-in and a rear speaker out,
for example. In general terms though, the Realtek sound on my Gigabyte
always sounded pretty good.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0624-2, 15/06/2006
Tested on: 18/06/2006 09:54:52