PDA

View Full Version : !!! CHIEFTEC CASE power button warning !!!

Skybuck Flying
June 14th 06, 04:56 AM
Hello,

For some reason my card reader is not working.

I have been having some problems with the power button of this CHIEFTEC
case.

When I try to turn on the power button it sometimes hangs a bit and I notice
how the lights flicker ?!

I hope this sticky power button does not DAMAGE my 5000 euro costing PC
because that would suck BIG.

So I thought some early warnings might be in place ;)

For now I have a year long of garanty etc...

If anything dies I think I'll be ok ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Phil Weldon
June 14th 06, 05:05 AM
'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
| For some reason my card reader is not working.
_____

Have you emptied the chad box?

Phil Weldon

"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
. nl...
| Hello,
|
| For some reason my card reader is not working.
|
| I have been having some problems with the power button of this CHIEFTEC
| case.
|
| When I try to turn on the power button it sometimes hangs a bit and I
notice
| how the lights flicker ?!
|
| I hope this sticky power button does not DAMAGE my 5000 euro costing PC
| because that would suck BIG.
|
| So I thought some early warnings might be in place ;)
|
| For now I have a year long of garanty etc...
|
| If anything dies I think I'll be ok ;)
|
| Bye,
| Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying
June 14th 06, 05:22 AM
"Phil Weldon" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> 'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
> | For some reason my card reader is not working.
> _____
>
> Have you emptied the chad box?

If you joking then **** off this is way to serious ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying
June 14th 06, 05:30 AM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
. nl...

> "Phil Weldon" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> 'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
>> | For some reason my card reader is not working.
>> _____
>>
>> Have you emptied the chad box?
>
> If you joking then **** off this is way to serious ;)

I shall explain further in case this could cause damage.

The button is a round button which is very common in cases nowadays.

I never really had problems with those kind of buttons.

However this case has a round button which can be pushed side ways or
diagonal inwards a bit.

So the button gets skewed etc... and rubs against the mounting etc... making
it stick.

So then you have to push it inwards again to get it out.

So that could cause on/off/on/off flicker and possible damage.

Doesn't sound to good to me.

The good old off/on switch worked best... however it happened once that I
accidently kicked the pc off :)

So a door can prevent that :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying
June 14th 06, 05:58 AM
"DRS" > wrote in message
> "Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> . nl
>> "Phil Weldon" > wrote in message
>> ink.net...
>>> _____
>>>
>>> Have you emptied the chad box?
>>
>> If you joking then **** off this is way to serious ;)
>
> It was an extremely witty way of saying you are an idiot.

It's the idiot calling me an idiot eh ;)

Be gone.

Bye,
Skybuck =D

DRS
June 14th 06, 06:06 AM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
. nl
> "DRS" > wrote in message
>> "Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
>> . nl
>>> "Phil Weldon" > wrote in message
>>> ink.net...

>>> If you joking then **** off this is way to serious ;)
>>
>> It was an extremely witty way of saying you are an idiot.
>
> It's the idiot calling me an idiot eh ;)
>
> Be gone.

You first.

David Maynard
June 14th 06, 06:38 AM
Phil Weldon wrote:
> 'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
> | For some reason my card reader is not working.
> _____
>
> Have you emptied the chad box?

Who's Chad and why is he dangling?

Phil Weldon
June 14th 06, 07:00 AM
"David Maynard" > wrote in message
| Phil Weldon wrote:
| > 'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
| > | For some reason my card reader is not working.
| > _____
| >
| > Have you emptied the chad box?
|
| Who's Chad and why is he dangling?
_____

Dangling Chad never made it to the Chad box!

Phil Weldon

Skybuck Flying
June 14th 06, 07:15 AM
"DRS" > wrote in message
> "Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> . nl
>> "DRS" > wrote in message
>>> "Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
>>> . nl

>>> It was an extremely witty way of saying you are an idiot.
>>
>> It's the idiot calling me an idiot eh ;)
>>
>> Be gone.
>
> You first.

This is my thread.

If you don't like it just **** off ;)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

DRS
June 14th 06, 10:28 AM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
. nl

[...]

> This is my thread.

There's no such thing on Usenet.

GBS
June 14th 06, 02:25 PM
> Best way to check it is with your tongue..

Yeah, and you might want to lay off humping your $5000 whore just a bit...
Those power button holes must be irresistable...

Skybuck Flying
June 14th 06, 02:37 PM
"GBS" > wrote in message
. ..
>> Best way to check it is with your tongue..
>
> Yeah, and you might want to lay off humping your $5000 whore just a bit...
> Those power button holes must be irresistable...

Lol these are good jokes, I can appreciate it lol.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying
June 14th 06, 02:49 PM
"DRS" > wrote in message
> "Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> . nl
>
> [...]
>
>> This is my thread.
>
> There's no such thing on Usenet.

In your dreams.

Go start your own little stupid idiot thread hahahaha.

Bye,
Skybuck.

daytripper
June 14th 06, 03:11 PM
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 06:22:49 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" > wrote:

>"Phil Weldon" > wrote in message
ink.net...
>> 'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
>> | For some reason my card reader is not working.
>> _____
>>
>> Have you emptied the chad box?
>
>If you joking then **** off this is way to serious ;)
>
>Bye,
> Skybuck.

The only joke around here is you, son.

You *really* should have just bought a fricken' Dell...

DRS
June 14th 06, 03:26 PM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
. nl
> "DRS" > wrote in message
>> "Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
>> . nl
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> This is my thread.
>>
>> There's no such thing on Usenet.
>
> In your dreams.

Unlike you I understand how Usenet works.

> Go start your own little stupid idiot thread hahahaha.

I leave that to stupid idiots.

dave
June 14th 06, 04:36 PM
So don't use the power button. I don't use one. I have the power on set to
a keyboard combination of ctrl+F1 in bios.

DaveL

"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
. nl...
> Hello,
>
> For some reason my card reader is not working.
>
> I have been having some problems with the power button of this CHIEFTEC
> case.
>
> When I try to turn on the power button it sometimes hangs a bit and I
> notice how the lights flicker ?!
>
> I hope this sticky power button does not DAMAGE my 5000 euro costing PC
> because that would suck BIG.
>
> So I thought some early warnings might be in place ;)
>
> For now I have a year long of garanty etc...
>
> If anything dies I think I'll be ok ;)
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Folk
June 14th 06, 04:53 PM
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 04:05:01 GMT, "Phil Weldon"
> wrote:

>'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
>| For some reason my card reader is not working.
>_____
>
>Have you emptied the chad box?

Sadly, I'm old enough to know what you're talking about.

Although technically, a full chad box would be a problem in a card
punch rather than a card reader. But seeing as how this is a
worthless thread authored by an idiot, I doubt any clarification is
necessary.

SteveH
June 14th 06, 05:52 PM
Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
. nl...

> "GBS" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>> Best way to check it is with your tongue..
>>
>> Yeah, and you might want to lay off humping your $5000 whore just a
>> bit...
>> Those power button holes must be irresistable...
>
> Lol these are good jokes, I can appreciate it lol.
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.
I'm surprised you can spell appreciate.

SteveH

Phil Weldon
June 14th 06, 07:10 PM
'Folk' wrote:
| Sadly, I'm old enough to know what you're talking about.
|
| Although technically, a full chad box would be a problem in a card
| punch rather than a card reader. But seeing as how this is a
| worthless thread authored by an idiot, I doubt any clarification is
| necessary
_____

You are correct, of course, on all counts.
Though chads must have still been falling in the card readers of 2004.

Phil Weldon

"Folk" > wrote in message
| On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 04:05:01 GMT, "Phil Weldon"
| > wrote:
|
| >'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
| >| For some reason my card reader is not working.
| >_____
| >
| >Have you emptied the chad box?
|
| Sadly, I'm old enough to know what you're talking about.
|
| Although technically, a full chad box would be a problem in a card
| punch rather than a card reader. But seeing as how this is a
| worthless thread authored by an idiot, I doubt any clarification is
| necessary.

Neil J Bundy
June 14th 06, 07:54 PM
In message et>, Phil
Weldon > writes
>'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
>| For some reason my card reader is not working.
>_____
>
>Have you emptied the chad box?
>
>Phil Weldon

If it's a USB one make sure you're connecting it to one of the primary
USB ports (external or internal). Some readers don't like being
connected into a hub port for some reason.

Good luck.

--
Neil J Bundy

Skybuck Flying
June 14th 06, 09:58 PM
"dave" <nospam> wrote in message
. ..
> So don't use the power button. I don't use one. I have the power on set
> to a keyboard combination of ctrl+F1 in bios.

I have usb keyboard and usb mouse... bios only has ps/2 power up support.

So that probably won't work.

Hopefully a bios upgrade could support power up for usb stuff.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying
June 14th 06, 10:47 PM
"daytripper" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 06:22:49 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Phil Weldon" > wrote in message
ink.net...
>>> _____
>>>
>>> Have you emptied the chad box?
>>
>>If you joking then **** off this is way to serious ;)
>>
>>Bye,
>> Skybuck.
>

> The only joke around here is you, son.
>
> You *really* should have just bought a fricken' Dell...

Ok so my whole system is crap because of a crappy power button ?

Get *real* dude.

My PC is still better than any Dell PC you can point and click together and
mine is still cheaper too about 500 to 1000 euro's !

Bye,
Skybuck.

daytripper
June 15th 06, 12:30 AM
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 23:47:50 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" > wrote:

>"daytripper" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 06:22:49 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Phil Weldon" > wrote in message
ink.net...

>>>If you joking then **** off this is way to serious ;)
>>>
>>>Bye,
>>> Skybuck.
>>

>> The only joke around here is you, son.
>>
>> You *really* should have just bought a fricken' Dell...
>
>Ok so my whole system is crap because of a crappy power button ?
>
>Get *real* dude.

Get a clue, tyro.

That comment had nothing to do with your collection of hardware bits - or of
any particular Dell, for that matter....

sbb78247
June 15th 06, 12:51 AM
SteveH wrote:
> Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> . nl...
>>
>> "GBS" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>>
>>> Yeah, and you might want to lay off humping your $5000 whore just a
>>> bit...
>>> Those power button holes must be irresistable...
>>
>> Lol these are good jokes, I can appreciate it lol.
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck.
> I'm surprised you can spell appreciate.
>
> SteveH

he turned on spell check before sending

Pooh Bear
June 15th 06, 02:16 AM
Phil Weldon wrote:

> 'Skybuck Flying' wrote, in part:
> | For some reason my card reader is not working.
> _____
>
> Have you emptied the chad box?

LMAO !

Graham

Pooh Bear
June 15th 06, 02:19 AM
DRS wrote:

> "Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> . nl
> > "Phil Weldon" > wrote in message
> > ink.net...
> >> _____
> >>
> >> Have you emptied the chad box?
> >
> > If you joking then **** off this is way to serious ;)
>
> It was an extremely witty way of saying you are an idiot.

I see he's made the same excellent impression here as elsewhere then ?

Graham

John Lewis
June 15th 06, 04:45 AM
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 23:47:50 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
> wrote:

>"daytripper" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 06:22:49 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Phil Weldon" > wrote in message
ink.net...

>>>If you joking then **** off this is way to serious ;)
>>>
>>>Bye,
>>> Skybuck.
>>

>> The only joke around here is you, son.
>>
>> You *really* should have just bought a fricken' Dell...
>
>Ok so my whole system is crap because of a crappy power button ?
>
>Get *real* dude.
>
>My PC is still better than any Dell PC you can point and click together and
>mine is still cheaper too about 500 to 1000 euro's !
>
>Bye,
> Skybuck.

You built it yourself from your hard-earned cash ? Or did your mommy
help you with the build and with the cash ? Or did you or your mommy
pay through the nose for somebody else to build it for you ?

BTW, for ~ $4000 I can build a desktop PC far more "powerful" than
your current heap and with top-of-the-line components. No problems
with a cheesy case either. Fastest Conroe (when available) or FX-62,
your choice. WinXP Pro. Two dual-layer DVD-burners included.
Overclock capable, of course. Quad-SLI ready too....with a
power-supply to match. Add $600 for the second 7950GX2 when nVidia is
ready to release the drivers. HD-DVD or Blu-ray drives add $700 each,
when available, of course.

Just send me $5700 ( +adders, if required ) and your address. The
extra $1700 will cover my build
effort/time/risks/shipping+insurance/any unanticipated costs :-) :-)

$5700 = ~ 4500 Euros. A real bargain.

You might need to pay customs duty, of course :-( :-( Please specify
mains voltage and power-cord type.

John Lewis

Skybuck Flying
June 15th 06, 04:59 AM
"John Lewis" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 23:47:50 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
> > wrote:
>

>>"daytripper" > wrote in message

ink.net...

>>> The only joke around here is you, son.
>>>
>>> You *really* should have just bought a fricken' Dell...
>>
>>Ok so my whole system is crap because of a crappy power button ?
>>
>>Get *real* dude.
>>
>>My PC is still better than any Dell PC you can point and click together
>>and
>>mine is still cheaper too about 500 to 1000 euro's !
>>
>>Bye,
>> Skybuck.
>
> You built it yourself from your hard-earned cash ? Or did your mommy
> help you with the build and with the cash ? Or did you or your mommy
> pay through the nose for somebody else to build it for you ?
>
> BTW, for ~ $4000 I can build a desktop PC far more "powerful" than
> your current heap and with top-of-the-line components. No problems
> with a cheesy case either. Fastest Conroe (when available) or FX-62,
> your choice. WinXP Pro. Two dual-layer DVD-burners included.
> Overclock capable, of course. Quad-SLI ready too....with a
> power-supply to match. Add $600 for the second 7950GX2 when nVidia is
> ready to release the drivers. HD-DVD or Blu-ray drives add $700 each,
> when available, of course.
>
> Just send me $5700 ( +adders, if required ) and your address. The
> extra $1700 will cover my build
> effort/time/risks/shipping+insurance/any unanticipated costs :-) :-)
>
> $5700 = ~ 4500 Euros. A real bargain.
>
> You might need to pay customs duty, of course :-( :-( Please specify
> mains voltage and power-cord type.

Dude get real, the stuff you mentioned is not available yet :P* ;)

So though luck dude hahahaha.

Bye,
Skybuck =D

P.S.: You too funny, like back to the future movie or something hahaha.

Pooh Bear
June 15th 06, 05:41 AM
John Lewis wrote:

> BTW, for ~ $4000 I can build a desktop PC far more "powerful" than
> your current heap and with top-of-the-line components. No problems
> with a cheesy case either.

I'll bet he's never seen a server case ! Never mind a rack mount jobbie.

Graham

Craig Sutton
June 15th 06, 02:07 PM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
. nl...

>> You *really* should have just bought a fricken' Dell...
>
> Ok so my whole system is crap because of a crappy power button ?
>
> Get *real* dude.
>
> My PC is still better than any Dell PC you can point and click together
> and mine is still cheaper too about 500 to 1000 euro's !
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

What's that moronbuck? Click click click oh that's right your timebomb of a
pc. Hey isn't it time for Skybucks Dream machine 2007?

Craig Sutton
June 15th 06, 02:09 PM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
. nl...

> Dude get real, the stuff you mentioned is not available yet :P* ;)
>
> So though luck dude hahahaha.
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck =D
>
> P.S.: You too funny, like back to the future movie or something hahaha.

All the stuff he mentioned is out..

John Lewis
June 15th 06, 06:51 PM
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:58:29 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
> wrote:

>"dave" <nospam> wrote in message
. ..
>> So don't use the power button. I don't use one. I have the power on set
>> to a keyboard combination of ctrl+F1 in bios.
>
>I have usb keyboard and usb mouse... bios only has ps/2 power up support.
>
>So that probably won't work.
>
>Hopefully a bios upgrade could support power up for usb stuff.
>
>Bye,
> Skybuck.

Your crappy case got an easily-accessible Reset button that does not
stick?. Connect up that as the ON/OFF and leave the motherboard reset
connections open. Anything to stop you whining.....
( Pressing Reset on a modern PC is NOT a good idea, so leaving it
disconnected at the motherboard is just fine. )

John Lewis

John Lewis
June 15th 06, 07:07 PM
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 01:09:56 +1200, "Craig Sutton"
> wrote:

>"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
. nl...

>> Dude get real, the stuff you mentioned is not available yet :P* ;)
>>
>> So though luck dude hahahaha.
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck =D
>>
>> P.S.: You too funny, like back to the future movie or something hahaha.
>
>All the stuff he mentioned is out..

Of course, and immediately available. Except Conroe, as I indicated in
my posting.

Skybucks is not exactly up with the times. Probably spends too much
time preening himself in the mirror and/or posting self-admiration
waffle to multiple newsgroups.

FX62:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103861

7950GX2 ( one of ~ 7 vendors listed at Newegg)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130023

But again Skybucks Sinking only goes with whatever he can get from the
small-town computer-store that built his PC. They must be very happy
indeed when they see him coming.

John Lewis

SteveH
June 15th 06, 07:17 PM
"sbb78247" > wrote in message
> SteveH wrote:
>> Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
>> . nl...
>>>
>>> "GBS" > wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> Lol these are good jokes, I can appreciate it lol.
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>> Skybuck.
>> I'm surprised you can spell appreciate.
>>
>> SteveH
>
> he turned on spell check before sending

I'm surprised he found the spell check.

SteveH

June 16th 06, 09:22 PM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
. nl...

> Ok so my whole system is crap because of a crappy power button ?

Yes you ****wit retard, if you had spent your euro's wisely instead of
licking the windows at PC's4Munchies then you wouldn't have to rent out your
arse again just to sort this problem out.

Hope the ****ty power button isn't a sign of more problems to come because
of your 'great' choice of components.

> My PC is still better than any Dell PC you can point and click together
> and mine is still cheaper too about 500 to 1000 euro's !

So you're saying a half decent dell costs 5500 to 6000. rofl - they are when
they see you walking in.

John Lewis
June 17th 06, 04:42 AM
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:22:24 +0100, <$> wrote:

>> My PC is still better than any Dell PC you can point and click together
>> and mine is still cheaper too about 500 to 1000 euro's !
>
>So you're saying a half decent dell costs 5500 to 6000. rofl - they are when
>they see you walking in.

Skybucks gets his money from his Mommy, who is only too happy to spend
any amount to shut up his whining... until he starts whining again
about the next best thing. Which may not be a computer. Who knows ?
Maybe he is already whining about getting a Ferrari instead of the BMW
she bought him for Christmas?

John Lewis