PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte DVD drive and general poor quality

Bad Rubbish
June 11th 06, 02:09 PM
Anyone experience any sticky issues with their Gigabyte DVD drives? I left a
cd in the drive for a while and one day I had trouble removing it. I
pressed the eject button but it seemed like it was stuck. After several
tries, the tray popped open jerkily. Then I noticed there was a sticky
substance around the hole in the centre of the cd. So it seems the gasket or
washer in the drive was disintegrating and releasing this sticky substance.

Their mobos have loose sockets allowing dust to get in and messing up the
computer. They have to be cleaned out every so often, while other boards
like MSI don't have this problem.

I am getting increasingly disgusted with Gigabyte for their poor quality
products. This will be the last time I ever buy anything from Gigabyte.

Wesley
June 12th 06, 11:22 AM
"Bad Rubbish" > wrote in message
> Anyone experience any sticky issues with their Gigabyte DVD drives? I left
> a cd in the drive for a while and one day I had trouble removing it. I
> pressed the eject button but it seemed like it was stuck. After several
> tries, the tray popped open jerkily. Then I noticed there was a sticky
> substance around the hole in the centre of the cd. So it seems the gasket
> or washer in the drive was disintegrating and releasing this sticky
> substance.
>
> Their mobos have loose sockets allowing dust to get in and messing up the
> computer. They have to be cleaned out every so often, while other boards
> like MSI don't have this problem.
>
> I am getting increasingly disgusted with Gigabyte for their poor quality
> products. This will be the last time I ever buy anything from Gigabyte.

that awful news....it seem like some stuff is melting to cause sticky...

bad form gigabyte my man...

Davy
June 12th 06, 01:34 PM
Some Hitachi video recorders had a problem with a washer, the washer
just de-composed causing a sticky black gooey gunge, which just got
worse as you wiped it... to get the gunge off I had to wipe them with
Isopropanol.

Sounds much the same, they just de-composed, no heat involved etc. I
have no problems with Gigabyte mobos though.

Was wondering if it is really a Gigabyte or someone else's made under
license for them.

Davy

Ian O
June 17th 06, 01:58 AM
Wesley wrote:
> "Bad Rubbish" > wrote in message

<snip>

>> Their mobos have loose sockets allowing dust to get in and messing up the
>> computer. They have to be cleaned out every so often, while other boards
>> like MSI don't have this problem.
>>
> <snip>

What on Earth are you talking about?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0624-2, 15/06/2006
Tested on: 17/06/2006 01:58:57

Home Theatre Guy
June 30th 06, 08:16 PM
CD/DVD rom traya are not for Donut holding.

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 01:58:56 +0100, Ian O > wrote:

>Wesley wrote:
>> "Bad Rubbish" > wrote in message
>
><snip>
>>>
>>> Their mobos have loose sockets allowing dust to get in and messing up the
>>> computer. They have to be cleaned out every so often, while other boards
>>> like MSI don't have this problem.
>>>
>> <snip>
>
>What on Earth are you talking about?
>

>---
>avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
>Virus Database (VPS): 0624-2, 15/06/2006
>Tested on: 17/06/2006 01:58:57
>avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2006 ALWIL Software.

dobey
July 1st 06, 04:37 PM
<Home Theatre Guy> wrote in message

> CD/DVD rom traya are not for Donut holding.

No they are for cup holding.