PDA

View Full Version : GA-8AENXP-D CPU Support

Bradley Walker
June 3rd 06, 08:19 PM
Hello all,

Recently I came across a brand new never opened/used GA-8AENXP-D motherboard
that I had gotten as a replacement for a dead GA-8KNXP last year. I never
installed this board at the time because I had a second 8KNXP I was using
(and still am) as well as I didn't have money for DDR2 RAM and a PCI Express
video card. I am now looking at using this motherboard in my main rig and
moving my 8KNXP to be a gaming box. However before using this new board, I
am wondering what the CPU support list is for this? Per the US website F4
is the latest BIOS and there is no mention of CPU support list. I would
like to know if this board supports dual core and x64 based technologies?

Thanks

Brad

Udo Kammer
June 4th 06, 09:36 AM
On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 19:19:16 GMT, "Bradley Walker"
> wrote:

>is the latest BIOS and there is no mention of CPU support list. I would
>like to know if this board supports dual core and x64 based technologies?

No chance.

http://www.giga-byte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=1851

Udo

Bradley Walker
June 4th 06, 09:50 PM
Thanks for that info, looks like I'll have to find something else for dual
core support. I'd like to get a P4 805. Do you know if there are any
leaked beta bios's for this board?

Also what would be the giga-byte equivelant of the GA-8AENXP-D for total
features offered along with dual core support?

Brad

"Udo Kammer" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 19:19:16 GMT, "Bradley Walker"
> > wrote:
>
>>is the latest BIOS and there is no mention of CPU support list. I would
>>like to know if this board supports dual core and x64 based technologies?
>
> No chance.
>
> http://www.giga-byte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=1851
>
> Udo

Udo Kammer
June 5th 06, 06:58 AM
On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 20:50:07 GMT, "Bradley Walker"
> wrote:

>Thanks for that info, looks like I'll have to find something else for dual
>core support. I'd like to get a P4 805. Do you know if there are any
>leaked beta bios's for this board?

No chance. The chipset of this board i925XE does not support Dual Core
CPUs. You must buy a board with i945P/G, i955X or i975X

>Also what would be the giga-byte equivelant of the GA-8AENXP-D for total
>features offered along with dual core support?

I am using the Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro with intel Pentium D930, 2 x
1024 MB memory OCZ DDR2-667 and for graphic Gigabyte GV-NX76T256D-RH.

Udo