PDA

View Full Version : I have a prb with vista 64 build 5384....PLz

jhr
June 2nd 06, 03:29 PM
I Installed Vista 64 build 5384. and it seemed to install with out a
hitch..But i cant get it to boot into the gui..It will boot in safe
mode ..I installed nvidias newest drivers for my 6800 card..But it
still wont boot into windows proper..Any Ideas..
It just hangs..Forever..
Thanks

Peter van der Goes
June 2nd 06, 07:52 PM
"jhr" > wrote in message
>I Installed Vista 64 build 5384. and it seemed to install with out a
> hitch..But i cant get it to boot into the gui..It will boot in safe
> mode ..I installed nvidias newest drivers for my 6800 card..But it
> still wont boot into windows proper..Any Ideas..
> It just hangs..Forever..
> Thanks

You might want to try posting this in a public Vista group, such as:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

If your ISP's news server does not carry it, just create a new account in
your newsreader at:

msnews.microsoft.com

Skipai Otter
June 2nd 06, 09:22 PM
"Peter van der Goes" > wrote in message
news:4O%fg.132358$k%[email protected]

> "jhr" > wrote in message
>>I Installed Vista 64 build 5384. and it seemed to install with out a
>> hitch..But i cant get it to boot into the gui..It will boot in safe
>> mode ..I installed nvidias newest drivers for my 6800 card..But it
>> still wont boot into windows proper..Any Ideas..
>> It just hangs..Forever..
>> Thanks
>
> You might want to try posting this in a public Vista group, such as:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
>
> If your ISP's news server does not carry it, just create a new account in
> your newsreader at:
>
> msnews.microsoft.com

I think some 6800 cards have problems with any drivers rated 8x.xx and it
affects both 2000/XP/XP64 and Vista apparantely. I would go back to the
78.xx drivers which work. For some reason the 80's are a bit messed up and
won't allow the cards to work outside safe mode.

--
Skipai

jhr
June 13th 06, 01:22 AM
On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 21:22:44 +0100, "Skipai Otter"
> wrote:

>"Peter van der Goes" > wrote in message
>news:4O%fg.132358$k%[email protected]
>>
>> "jhr" > wrote in message
>>>I Installed Vista 64 build 5384. and it seemed to install with out a
>>> hitch..But i cant get it to boot into the gui..It will boot in safe
>>> mode ..I installed nvidias newest drivers for my 6800 card..But it
>>> still wont boot into windows proper..Any Ideas..
>>> It just hangs..Forever..
>>> Thanks
>>
>> You might want to try posting this in a public Vista group, such as:
>>
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
>>
>> If your ISP's news server does not carry it, just create a new account in
>> your newsreader at:
>>
>> msnews.microsoft.com
>
>I think some 6800 cards have problems with any drivers rated 8x.xx and it
>affects both 2000/XP/XP64 and Vista apparantely. I would go back to the
>78.xx drivers which work. For some reason the 80's are a bit messed up and
>won't allow the cards to work outside safe mode.

Thank you ..I'll give it a try