PDA

View Full Version : AMD and ATI?

Boe
June 2nd 06, 02:05 PM
There have been a few posted rumors about ATI buying ATI. I'd rather see
AMD take Creative - then maybe we'd see real on board sound - audigy 2
chipset or an audigy 2 PCI express sound card.

Hawk
June 2nd 06, 06:50 PM
"Boe" > wrote in message
> There have been a few posted rumors about ATI buying ATI. I'd rather see AMD
> take Creative - then maybe we'd see real on board sound - audigy 2 chipset or an
> audigy 2 PCI express sound card.

How would ATI buy itself? Take money from their left pocket and put it in their
right?

;)

(*>

Boe
June 2nd 06, 08:27 PM
Typo - subject was AMD to buy ATI.

"Hawk" > wrote in message

> "Boe" > wrote in message
>> There have been a few posted rumors about ATI buying ATI. I'd rather see
>> AMD take Creative - then maybe we'd see real on board sound - audigy 2
>> chipset or an audigy 2 PCI express sound card.
>
> How would ATI buy itself? Take money from their left pocket and put it in
> their right?
>
> ;)
>

> (*>

Rich
June 4th 06, 08:02 PM
Hawk wrote:
> "Boe" > wrote in message
> > There have been a few posted rumors about ATI buying ATI. I'd rather see AMD
> > take Creative - then maybe we'd see real on board sound - audigy 2 chipset or an
> > audigy 2 PCI express sound card.
>
> How would ATI buy itself? Take money from their left pocket and put it in their
> right?
>
> ;)
>

> (*>

Or, buy back stock owned by non-ATI people. It happens.
But I do hope if it has to be one way, AMD buys ATI and Intel gets
Gforce.
Intel's incompetence and Gforce's oddball operating cards and software
will
compliment each other.

Matt_2k34
June 5th 06, 11:58 PM
Intel havent gone for Geforce as of yet but they seem to work better -
nvidia offer better features on intel mobo's as standard :)

As an intel usert this makes me very happy...

Intel has focused on the communications side of things for now - with
networking (probably with marvell but this hasnt been confirmed) and
Skype.

Would be nice to see AMD take ATi and Intel to take nVIDIA ...
Although i wouldnt like to look at cross compatability if this
happened...

(odd that- the hottest graphics going with the coolest cpu's...)

:)

--
Matt_2k34
Matt_2k34's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2100