PDA

View Full Version : uninstall old drivers???

Vincenzo
May 22nd 06, 05:26 PM
when I try to install the new drivers for my amd athlon 64 processor
appears the message:

The version of the CPU driver currently
installed must be uninstalled before this driver
may be loaded. Use Add/Remove Programs in
the Control Panel to uninstall your previous
version. Installation will now exit.

in my add / remove section the corresponding entry is misses.
Help me!!!!

Guest
May 23rd 06, 03:46 PM
It will say "Athlon 64 Driver" in the uninstall panel. You will need to
restart your PC after you uninstall it even if it does not tell you to.
Thanks for letting me know that new drivers were out. So far, I have not
noticed an increase in performance from the last drivers. It almost seems a
bit slower, but this is on my first install and reboot as of this
writing....

"Vincenzo" > wrote in message
> when I try to install the new drivers for my amd athlon 64 processor
> appears the message:
>
> The version of the CPU driver currently
> installed must be uninstalled before this driver
> may be loaded. Use Add/Remove Programs in
> the Control Panel to uninstall your previous
> version. Installation will now exit.
>
> in my add / remove section the corresponding entry is misses.
> Help me!!!!

Guest
May 23rd 06, 04:43 PM
My mistake. I feel the power now...