PDA

View Full Version : Problem booting Presario 710US: pxe e61 Bat media test failure

Alan Saklofsky
May 20th 06, 10:32 PM
I have a Presario 710 US. It has an Athlon 1 Ghz processor, Windows XP, 256
RAM and a 20 Gb Hard drive.

I recently bought a used hard drive but it was having the same problem with
the old hard drive. I thought it might have been a bad hard drive so I tried
a new hard drive> I used the system restore disks

When I boot up I get the following message

First this message comes up: Realtek Boot Agent press Shift-F10 to configure

Then I get a screen that says PXE 361 bat media test failure and pxe mof
exiting pxe rom

Then a third screen shows up with the following message: WIndows did not
start up successfully

DO you want to start in

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with networking
Safe mode with comman prompt

Last known good configuration
or start up windows normally

I tried hitting shift f10 but nothing happens

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated

Alan Saklofsky

metronid
May 22nd 06, 01:57 AM
Check your cmos
Under advanced is lan boot enabled or disabled