PDA

View Full Version : K8NS Ultra 939 doesn't see SATA drives

May 8th 06, 09:17 PM
I have 2 WD2500JS Sata2 drives that I have jumpered down to 150 and
still the bios won't detect either of the drives. I have tried the Sil
and the nVidia controllers. Only help from gigabyte was telling me to
install the driver. The problem is the BIOS shows none for the SATA
drives. I have upgraded to F10 bios version.

Any ideas? I have turned on and off in every combination the sata
controllers and the raid. I am not over clocking, AMD 64 3000+ with
512 (single stick) and the 2 drives.

Thanks
Eric

old man
May 9th 06, 04:57 PM
I had a similar prob. on a sys that was up and running, when I tried to add
another hd, I eventually got it running on the nvidea controler, though I
had to install some particular file from the cd. sorry dont remember the
file but I recollect it wasnt a sata/raid driver. You also have to ensure
they are enabled in the bios.

oups.com...