PDA

View Full Version : GA-K8N Pro-Sli downloads corrupting

May 8th 06, 05:21 PM
Hi there,

I have just put myself together a pc with spec as:
Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro Sli mobo
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+
Evga Geforce 7800 GT (PCI-E)
2x 160GB Seagate Barracuda 9 sata2 (raid stripped)
2GB PC3200 (2x1GB)
Levicom 550W ATX PSU
Samsung DVDRW

running windows XP home Ed.

After a lot of struggling to get the raid installed and system booting
up to more than an immediate blue screen and restart. (I've seen this
problem about on these groups with these mobos).

Now I can connect to the internet and browse, use messenger etc, but
when I try to download any files they always get corrupted.

Can anyone help?

old man
May 8th 06, 07:39 PM
Are you using Active Armor (Nvidea Firewall)?
If so turn it off / uninstall

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi there,
>
> I have just put myself together a pc with spec as:
> Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro Sli mobo
> AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+
> Evga Geforce 7800 GT (PCI-E)
> 2x 160GB Seagate Barracuda 9 sata2 (raid stripped)
> 2GB PC3200 (2x1GB)
> Levicom 550W ATX PSU
> Samsung DVDRW
>
> running windows XP home Ed.
>
> After a lot of struggling to get the raid installed and system booting
> up to more than an immediate blue screen and restart. (I've seen this
> problem about on these groups with these mobos).
>
> Now I can connect to the internet and browse, use messenger etc, but
> when I try to download any files they always get corrupted.
>
> Can anyone help?

May 9th 06, 02:01 PM
Yes - as I switched it off downloading was fine.

Was it set up wrong or is there basically something wrong with Active
Armour /Nvidia Firewall?

Thanks for your help.

old man wrote:
> Are you using Active Armor (Nvidea Firewall)?
> If so turn it off / uninstall
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have just put myself together a pc with spec as:
> > Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro Sli mobo
> > AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+
> > Evga Geforce 7800 GT (PCI-E)
> > 2x 160GB Seagate Barracuda 9 sata2 (raid stripped)
> > 2GB PC3200 (2x1GB)
> > Levicom 550W ATX PSU
> > Samsung DVDRW
> >
> > running windows XP home Ed.
> >
> > After a lot of struggling to get the raid installed and system booting
> > up to more than an immediate blue screen and restart. (I've seen this
> > problem about on these groups with these mobos).
> >
> > Now I can connect to the internet and browse, use messenger etc, but
> > when I try to download any files they always get corrupted.
> >
> > Can anyone help?

old man
May 9th 06, 04:52 PM
Read nvidea forums, there are many k's of msgs re Active Armor and problems
like yours,
thats if you can get it to work in the first place!

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Yes - as I switched it off downloading was fine.
>
> Was it set up wrong or is there basically something wrong with Active
> Armour /Nvidia Firewall?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> old man wrote:
> > Are you using Active Armor (Nvidea Firewall)?
> > If so turn it off / uninstall
> >
> > > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > I have just put myself together a pc with spec as:
> > > Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro Sli mobo
> > > AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+
> > > Evga Geforce 7800 GT (PCI-E)
> > > 2x 160GB Seagate Barracuda 9 sata2 (raid stripped)
> > > 2GB PC3200 (2x1GB)
> > > Levicom 550W ATX PSU
> > > Samsung DVDRW
> > >
> > > running windows XP home Ed.
> > >
> > > After a lot of struggling to get the raid installed and system booting
> > > up to more than an immediate blue screen and restart. (I've seen this
> > > problem about on these groups with these mobos).
> > >
> > > Now I can connect to the internet and browse, use messenger etc, but
> > > when I try to download any files they always get corrupted.
> > >
> > > Can anyone help?

Jase
May 9th 06, 08:41 PM
old man wrote:
> Read nvidea forums, there are many k's of msgs re Active Armor and problems
> like yours,
> thats if you can get it to work in the first place!
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Yes - as I switched it off downloading was fine.
>>
>> Was it set up wrong or is there basically something wrong with Active
>> Armour /Nvidia Firewall?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> old man wrote:
>>> Are you using Active Armor (Nvidea Firewall)?
>>> If so turn it off / uninstall

>>> oups.com...

I had exactly the same problems with the nvidia firewall corrupting
downloads, the fix for me was to download the very latest nvidia mobo
drivers...... works a treat now!!

Jason