PDA

View Full Version : Re: Post Code Error

Ian
May 8th 06, 04:19 PM
On Thu, 04 May 2006 21:10:53 +0100, SargeŽ > wrote:

> Hey All, I just purchaced a non working GA-7N400 Pro 2 MB from ebay. I
> installed known working components after clearing the BIOS and
> removing the battery overnight and booted with a PCI Post Mortem card
> in the bottom PCI slot. It comes up with the error code of F5 which I
> have researched to mean "Clear Huge Segment". Any one know what this
> means and how to remeady it.
>
> SargeŽ
> Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
> PGP Key 0x59DDC455

My understanding, such as it is, is that "Clear Huge Segment" is not an
error. It is a standard boot/POST operation which is presumably the last
completed operation/code before you are getting a hang on something else.
Stick some RAM and a CPU on it and try to get further?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0619-0, 08/05/2006
Tested on: 08/05/2006 16:19:21

Ian
May 10th 06, 12:03 AM
On Tue, 09 May 2006 00:40:11 +0100, SargeŽ > wrote:

> On Mon, 08 May 2006 16:19:19 +0100, Ian >
> yelling "The Guns, The Guns, Thank God the Guns" stated;
>> On Thu, 04 May 2006 21:10:53 +0100, SargeŽ > wrote:
>>
>>> Hey All, I just purchaced a non working GA-7N400 Pro 2 MB from ebay. I
>>> installed known working components after clearing the BIOS and
>>> removing the battery overnight and booted with a PCI Post Mortem card
>>> in the bottom PCI slot. It comes up with the error code of F5 which I
>>> have researched to mean "Clear Huge Segment". Any one know what this
>>> means and how to remeady it.
>>>
>>> SargeŽ
>>> Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
>>> PGP Key 0x59DDC455
>>

>> My understanding, such as it is, is that "Clear Huge Segment" is not an
>> error. It is a standard boot/POST operation which is presumably the last
>> completed operation/code before you are getting a hang on something
>> else.
>> Stick some RAM and a CPU on it and try to get further?
>
> Did that too and still nothing. Too bad these boards didnt come with
> socketed BIOS chips.
> SargeŽ
> Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
> PGP Key 0x59DDC455

Hmmm. I posted two different replies by mistake but neither was any
good. I'd suggest that there are service agents who can replace a
soldered BIOS at a reasonable rate but maybe you need to ask Gigabyte
directly for an opinion about a board that stops after or during Clear
Huge Segment! Oh, what am I saying? Gigabyte never answer queries do
they?!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0619-0, 08/05/2006
Tested on: 10/05/2006 00:03:46