PDA

View Full Version : Router on 64 with no IP address

Richard Miller
May 8th 06, 03:47 PM
I bought a Belkin router and put two computer on it and one works and the
other I can't get an IP address from it which is a 64 bit computer. What can
I do?

Thanks
Richard

Philburg
May 9th 06, 04:25 AM
I don't think the fact that one is 64-bit has anything to do with the
problem. I would double check the router settings and also your 64's
network card/setup. If you are going with static routings (I dunno why),
make sure all your settings are correct.

"Richard Miller" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I bought a Belkin router and put two computer on it and one works and the
>other I can't get an IP address from it which is a 64 bit computer. What
>can I do?
>
> Thanks
> Richard

DP
May 9th 06, 12:39 PM
Is it possible the 64-bit computer needs 64-bit drivers to work with that
router?
What OS is on the 64-bit computer? Is it a 64-bit OS or a 32-bit OS?

I assume you're not talking about a wireless router, right? Both computers
are plugged directly into the router?

Have you tried unplugging (from the router) the computer that works and
plugging the 64-bit computer into the router at that point to see if it
works then?