PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my GA-8IK1100 motherboard and Raid O

Javno
May 6th 06, 09:56 PM
Yesterday I decided to reinstall Windows XP a fresh. My PC has Raid O
configuration and thus I had to download a driver that I saved onto a
floppy. This should have been activated in the blue Windows setup
screen by pressing F6.

But it didn't. Instead it came up with the error "File txtsetup.oem
caused an unexpected error (512) at line 1742 in
d:\xpspl\base\setup\oemdisk.c."

So now I guess I can't reinstall Windows. What am I doing wrong? Has
anyone had this happen to them before? Does anyone know how I can get
it working? Am I doing it right?

Thank you for any help :)

--
Javno

Travis Jordan
May 8th 06, 02:28 PM
Javno wrote:
> But it didn't. Instead it came up with the error "File txtsetup.oem
> caused an unexpected error (512) at line 1742 in
> d:\xpspl\base\setup\oemdisk.c."

Sounds like you are using a WinXP install image designed for unattended
installation.

http://www.thetechguide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9620