PDA

View Full Version : amd dual core cpu/software compatibility

April 25th 06, 12:59 AM
I am interested in upgrading to a motherboard with the AMD Dual Core
cpu.

I have Windwos xP professional edition w/service pack 2 and Msft office
software applications dated 2002 as well as other applications by other
makers.

Would my software be compatible with the new Dual Core cpu?

best, Aaron

Travis King
April 25th 06, 02:34 AM
Everything should work fine. I have built two computers with an Athlon 64
x2 3800+. Office XP Professional works fine. There are a few games that
will have lag with a dual core CPU, but there's a patch you can download to
fix that problem. XP Home even works with dual-core CPUs.
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I am interested in upgrading to a motherboard with the AMD Dual Core
> cpu.
>
> I have Windwos xP professional edition w/service pack 2 and Msft office
> software applications dated 2002 as well as other applications by other
> makers.
>
> Would my software be compatible with the new Dual Core cpu?
>
> best, Aaron

John Weiss
May 1st 06, 10:33 PM
> wrote...
>
> I have Windwos xP professional edition w/service pack 2 and Msft office
> software applications dated 2002 as well as other applications by other
> makers.
>
> Would my software be compatible with the new Dual Core cpu?

Yes.