PDA

View Full Version : HP Compaq 330D Slim Tower questions

Tim923
April 17th 06, 06:45 PM
I currently have a 40GB hard drive for this PC which is almost full. I
think it is an UATA100. If I get another hard drive, can this model
PC only take AT100 and not AT133? Is there any hard drive size
restriction? It is a relatively old model. What type of RAM can it
take for an upgrade?

HH
April 18th 06, 12:26 AM
If it's an older model, it may not have 48-bit LBA, so it might be limited
to 127GB on drive size. For memory specs, try Crucial's website:

http://www.crucial.com

HH

"Tim923" > wrote in message
>I currently have a 40GB hard drive for this PC which is almost full. I
> think it is an UATA100. If I get another hard drive, can this model
> PC only take AT100 and not AT133? Is there any hard drive size
> restriction? It is a relatively old model. What type of RAM can it
> take for an upgrade?

Tim923
April 20th 06, 12:37 AM
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:26:41 -0400, "HH" >
wrote:

>If it's an older model, it may not have 48-bit LBA, so it might be limited
>to 127GB on drive size. For memory specs, try Crucial's website:

I found the manual:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_340154_rev001_us/TPM_340154_rev001_us.pdf

This model had the option of a 160gb hard drive, UATA100, 7200rpm.
Although mine came with a 40gb. The SATA hard drive option has
special instructions.

Tim923
April 20th 06, 12:44 AM
My computer can take UATA/100 hard drives. Is ATA/100 good (without
the ultra)?

HH
May 10th 06, 04:20 AM
Uh, ATA 100 IS Ultra ATA.