PDA

View Full Version : GA-K8N51GMF-9 experiences..

tom
April 11th 06, 06:15 PM
Well,

i think it would be nice to share my experience here, with my brand
new mobo.

It has NO chipset-fan. Thats nice. But.. the bios doesnt support slow
fans, so the minimum speed is 1400 rpm, making my Zalman fan (37,50
Euro) pretty much loud, when playing 3d games and still audible in
normal operation and at 900 rpm there wouldnt be no noise at all.

Gigabyte.tw has no one assigned to customer support, bad luck for me,
i never got an answer for my request on a bios update -> slow fans.

Next one is the grand suxor *all the way* plastic retention module,
where even the screws are replaced by plastic parts. Thats not bad,
but with a heavy Zalman fan at 900 gramm, it is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Next one is audioquality. Iam not an expert, but the static noise at a
low output volume is somewhat irretating, even though the mobo was
cheap, they could have fixed it, i guess. The recommendation in the
manual to not use headphones clearly indicates they knew.. ****ing
customer.

Stability is good, every part seems to work, except nvidias firewall
that still causes random warmstarts and i couldnt test the raid
controller, but thats not important anyway.

My rating for this *rushed to market* mobo is a whopping 50%.

btw mindfactory just removed my bad comment on this mobo, i guess its
time to move on..

tom
April 29th 06, 11:02 AM