PDA

View Full Version : K8NF-9 fan problem

Legendsinc
April 9th 06, 02:31 PM
Hi,
I have just built a new system with the GA-K8NF-9 boards. All works well
but I've noticed that when I turn it on after it's been off overnight or a
long period of time, after the initial start-up the fan on the cpu stops and
doesn't restart until windows kicks in and takes over. I get one long
continuos beep, then after windows starts up, the fan restarts and all is
well.

Any ideas....

Skipai Otter
April 9th 06, 04:17 PM
"Legendsinc" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have just built a new system with the GA-K8NF-9 boards. All works
> well but I've noticed that when I turn it on after it's been off overnight
> or a long period of time, after the initial start-up the fan on the cpu
> stops and doesn't restart until windows kicks in and takes over. I get one
> long continuos beep, then after windows starts up, the fan restarts and
> all is well.
>
> Any ideas....

Nope but maybe taking it off the motherboard control and having it connected
to the PSU properly may sort that issue out. May need to disable the cpu
guard on the motherboard or within the bios to make it boot though. Just
not sure what could make windows stop that. But that way will keep the fan
going nonetheless.

--
Skipai

tom
April 11th 06, 06:24 PM
On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 23:31:37 +1000, "Legendsinc"
> wrote:

>Hi,
> I have just built a new system with the GA-K8NF-9 boards. All works well
>but I've noticed that when I turn it on after it's been off overnight or a
>long period of time, after the initial start-up the fan on the cpu stops and
>doesn't restart until windows kicks in and takes over. I get one long
>continuos beep, then after windows starts up, the fan restarts and all is
>well.
>
>Any ideas....

I think the startupspeed of the fan initially is too slow and after it
stops the bios or windows is setting it to max rpm. Try a bios update.