PDA

View Full Version : Too low res with driver for grahics card NIVIDIA TNT2 Model 64

mike
April 4th 06, 07:09 PM
Hi,

I installed a new version of my graphics card ( NIVIDIA TNT Model 64)
since the old did not
support directx9.c
After removal of old driver and install of the new driver, that
supports my graphics card,( ForceWare version: 71:84) the only
resolution for my screen (LG Flatron L1710S max:1280x1024) that I can
set is 640x480 which is not very nice since icons are too big.

Any ideas what I can do about it?

Cheers,

//Mikael

Chris Dodd
April 4th 06, 09:04 PM
"mike" > wrote in
ups.com:
> I installed a new version of my graphics card ( NIVIDIA TNT Model 64)
> since the old did not support directx9.c
> After removal of old driver and install of the new driver, that
> supports my graphics card,( ForceWare version: 71:84) the only
> resolution for my screen (LG Flatron L1710S max:1280x1024) that I can
> set is 640x480 which is not very nice since icons are too big.

Stuck in 640x480 mode like that almost always means that something
went seriously wrong with your driver install, and windows fell back
to using the generic VGA driver it has built in. You need to uninstall
the old driver and run a driver cleaner program to clean out as much
as possible, before trying to reinstall the driver. Worst case, you
may need to reinstall windows to fix what is failing.

-chris

First of One
April 5th 06, 12:45 AM
You are removing/installing drivers under an Administrator-level account,
right?

"mike" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I installed a new version of my graphics card ( NIVIDIA TNT Model 64)
> since the old did not
> support directx9.c
> After removal of old driver and install of the new driver, that
> supports my graphics card,( ForceWare version: 71:84) the only
> resolution for my screen (LG Flatron L1710S max:1280x1024) that I can
> set is 640x480 which is not very nice since icons are too big.

Larry Roberts
April 5th 06, 02:45 AM
On 4 Apr 2006 11:09:56 -0700, "mike" >
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I installed a new version of my graphics card ( NIVIDIA TNT Model 64)
>since the old did not
>support directx9.c
>After removal of old driver and install of the new driver, that
>supports my graphics card,( ForceWare version: 71:84) the only
>resolution for my screen (LG Flatron L1710S max:1280x1024) that I can
>set is 640x480 which is not very nice since icons are too big.
>

>Any ideas what I can do about it?
>

>Cheers,
>

>//Mikael

I agree with what Chris Dodd suggested.

mike
April 8th 06, 08:17 PM
Thanks! That was a good instruction. Works ok with a registry cleaner.
cheers,

//mikael

dawg
April 11th 06, 10:25 PM
Trying to get DX9 on a TNT?Oh boy.

"mike" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I installed a new version of my graphics card ( NIVIDIA TNT Model 64)
> since the old did not
> support directx9.c
> After removal of old driver and install of the new driver, that
> supports my graphics card,( ForceWare version: 71:84) the only
> resolution for my screen (LG Flatron L1710S max:1280x1024) that I can
> set is 640x480 which is not very nice since icons are too big.
>

> Any ideas what I can do about it?
>

> Cheers,
>

> //Mikael

McGrandpa
April 12th 06, 05:04 AM
"dawg" <don't > wrote in message
> Trying to get DX9 on a TNT?Oh boy.
>
> "mike" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed a new version of my graphics card ( NIVIDIA TNT Model 64)
>> since the old did not
>> support directx9.c
>> After removal of old driver and install of the new driver, that
>> supports my graphics card,( ForceWare version: 71:84) the only
>> resolution for my screen (LG Flatron L1710S max:1280x1024) that I can
>> set is 640x480 which is not very nice since icons are too big.
>>

>> Any ideas what I can do about it?
>>

>> Cheers,
>>

>> //Mikael

card. However, he didn't state exactly what video card he does have
installed now.
And, no matter WHAT model of TNT M64 he uses, it isn't supported by DX9.0c
TNT M64 is cheap crap from the first moment it was released years ago.
McG.
McG.