PDA

View Full Version : 754 Sempron 2600+

Peanut
April 4th 06, 05:56 PM
Hi ppl,
I have an ASRock K8Upgrade VM800 motherboard with a socket 754
Sempron 2600+

Can anyone tell me why I can't alter the multiplier or voltages? Are they
locked in this cheap Sempron? Or could it be the mobo?

TIA - Peanut

Wes Newell
April 4th 06, 09:40 PM
On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 16:56:40 +0000, Peanut wrote:

> Hi ppl,
> I have an ASRock K8Upgrade VM800 motherboard with a socket 754
> Sempron 2600+
>
> Can anyone tell me why I can't alter the multiplier or voltages? Are they
> locked in this cheap Sempron? Or could it be the mobo?

The max multiplier is locked on all but FX cpu's. You should be able to
change the voltage if the MB allows it. Otherwise, you can change it this
way:

http://home.wi.rr.com/zippyzap/computer/754vcore/

Cal Vanize
April 5th 06, 02:16 AM
Peanut wrote:

> Hi ppl,
> I have an ASRock K8Upgrade VM800 motherboard with a socket 754
> Sempron 2600+
>
> Can anyone tell me why I can't alter the multiplier or voltages? Are they
> locked in this cheap Sempron? Or could it be the mobo?
>
> TIA - Peanut

Try changing the clock instead of changing the multiplier.