PDA

View Full Version : Is HP Spare 404714-001 Same as Option 286776-B22?

Will
April 1st 06, 11:13 PM
I received a new in box HP 286776-B22 unit whose internal drive was marked
as spare 404714-001. I can't find any technical documentation that shows
what option numbers are sold using that spare number, and this is not the
spare I have seen used for this option number in the past. Does anyone
have definitive information?

--
Will

NuTCrAcKeR
April 2nd 06, 01:00 AM
Spares are spares ... Options arent spares. But options have spare numbers
for replacement.

- LC

"Will" > wrote in message
>I received a new in box HP 286776-B22 unit whose internal drive was marked
> as spare 404714-001. I can't find any technical documentation that shows
> what option numbers are sold using that spare number, and this is not the
> spare I have seen used for this option number in the past. Does anyone
> have definitive information?
>
> --
> Will

Will
April 2nd 06, 08:35 PM
What part of my post made you think I didn't understand this most basic
fact? Option numbers are retail numbers. Each Option number corresponds
to one or more distinct Spare numbers. Every retail Option number I have
ever purchased is marked by its SP or Spare number. My question was
whether the Option 286776-B22 has a legitimate Spare as 404714-001.

--
Will

"NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
> Spares are spares ... Options arent spares. But options have spare numbers
> for replacement.
>
> - LC
>
> "Will" > wrote in message
> >I received a new in box HP 286776-B22 unit whose internal drive was
marked
> > as spare 404714-001. I can't find any technical documentation that
shows
> > what option numbers are sold using that spare number, and this is not
the
> > spare I have seen used for this option number in the past. Does anyone
> > have definitive information?
> >
> > --
> > Will

NuTCrAcKeR
April 2nd 06, 10:28 PM
The spare part number for that option is 289241-001

However, 404714-001. is a legitimate spare number for a u320 36.4GB drive,
since thats what that option part number appears to be.

10 seconds on google showed me that.

dont be a jagoff

- LC

"Will" > wrote in message
> What part of my post made you think I didn't understand this most basic
> fact? Option numbers are retail numbers. Each Option number
> corresponds
> to one or more distinct Spare numbers. Every retail Option number I
> have
> ever purchased is marked by its SP or Spare number. My question was
> whether the Option 286776-B22 has a legitimate Spare as 404714-001.
>
> --
> Will
>

> "NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
>> Spares are spares ... Options arent spares. But options have spare
>> numbers
>> for replacement.
>>
>> - LC
>>
>> "Will" > wrote in message
>> >I received a new in box HP 286776-B22 unit whose internal drive was
> marked
>> > as spare 404714-001. I can't find any technical documentation that
> shows
>> > what option numbers are sold using that spare number, and this is not
> the
>> > spare I have seen used for this option number in the past. Does
>> > anyone
>> > have definitive information?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Will

Will
April 2nd 06, 11:39 PM
You are asking the same question I am asking, just worded differently. I
too have always seen 289241-001 as the correct spare for 286776-B22. I
have never seen 404714-001.

I'll word the question differently, which maybe makes it more pointed:
Which option numbers is the spare number 404714-001 associated with?

Google doesn't show any valid cross references for 404714-001. That's why
I posted this question.

--
Will

"NuTCrAcKeR" > wrote in message
t...
> The spare part number for that option is 289241-001
>
> However, 404714-001. is a legitimate spare number for a u320 36.4GB drive,
> since thats what that option part number appears to be.
>
> 10 seconds on google showed me that.
>
> dont be a jagoff
>
> - LC

NuTCrAcKeR
April 3rd 06, 06:19 AM
Does it really matter? You know what device it spares for. If its printed on
a new device, its probably a new designation. It might be so new that it
hasnt been scooped up by google from posts and forums yet.

Pick up the phone and call HP. They will be the authority on this matter.

- LC