PDA

View Full Version : Whare to find 6800GT AGP 256

dawg
March 28th 06, 01:17 AM
Any such animal? Or are they 128MB?

First of One
March 28th 06, 04:10 AM
6800GT AGP cards may be out of production. Look for the 6800GS.

"dawg" <don't > wrote in message
> Any such animal? Or are they 128MB?

Bob Knowlden
March 28th 06, 04:26 AM
The 6800GT usually had 256 MB. (The vanilla 6800, 128 MB.)

Newegg lists one AGP model:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814108137

($269 + $5 shipping in the US).

There are more on eBay, if you feel lucky.

I'd avoid the AGP 6800GS, unless you want a vanilla 6800 (which is basically
what you'd get). The PCI-E 6800GS is very different, and better.

"dawg" <don't > wrote in message
> Any such animal? Or are they 128MB?

First of One
March 28th 06, 06:47 AM
This one is out of stock, like most 6800GT AGP cards found at high-volume
retailers. Pricegrabber still has a *handful* of these cards listed for less
than $250, if you can trust the merchant ratings.

"Bob Knowlden" > wrote in message
> The 6800GT usually had 256 MB. (The vanilla 6800, 128 MB.)
>
> Newegg lists one AGP model:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814108137
>
> ($269 + $5 shipping in the US).
>
> There are more on eBay, if you feel lucky.
>
> I'd avoid the AGP 6800GS, unless you want a vanilla 6800 (which is
> basically what you'd get). The PCI-E 6800GS is very different, and better.

Bob Knowlden
March 29th 06, 01:12 AM
Oops, sorry.

I didn't spot the "out of stock" notice on the page for the card.

I suggest an alternative: the 7800GS (AGP) has 16 pipelines, like the
6800GT, and its GPU clock is as high or higher. It's not really a bargain at
around $300, but it's cheaper than the 6800GT was when it was new.

"First of One" > wrote in message
> This one is out of stock, like most 6800GT AGP cards found at high-volume
> retailers. Pricegrabber still has a *handful* of these cards listed for
> less than $250, if you can trust the merchant ratings.
>
> --
(snip)

First of One
March 29th 06, 03:23 AM
Can't really argue with that. The 7800GS is the fastest video card currently
available for AGP systems, after all. Unfortunately it doesn't perform much
better than the 6800GT, which is almost two years old now.