PDA

View Full Version : Memory Timing on GA-8ik1100

March 26th 06, 07:32 AM
With an Award bios, where do I go to change the memory timing? Iadded
another gig via two 512meg DIMMs and I have errors. Using memtest86
1.65 when I have just the ONE stick in, it is OK - no errors. With two
of the original sticks in plus the one upgrade - errors.
So I'm guessing the timings have to be "loosened" the only problem is I
don't know where to do that and if its under a different name in the
bios.

March 27th 06, 03:54 AM
wrote:
> With an Award bios, where do I go to change the memory timing? Iadded
> another gig via two 512meg DIMMs and I have errors. Using memtest86
> 1.65 when I have just the ONE stick in, it is OK - no errors. With two
> of the original sticks in plus the one upgrade - errors.
> So I'm guessing the timings have to be "loosened" the only problem is I
> don't know where to do that and if its under a different name in the
> bios.

Bueller? Bueller?
anyone?

Charlie
March 27th 06, 01:18 PM
Acurajustin1978,

advanced bios options. You will then have the ability to change the
memory timings.

Good luck.

--

"I can see your point, but I still think you're full of ****."

March 28th 06, 01:14 AM
Charlie wrote:
> Acurajustin1978,

> advanced bios options. You will then have the ability to change the
> memory timings.
>
> Good luck.

OK, I''m not seeing it. Here's a pic of what my bios looks like.
http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00786ag.jpg

March 28th 06, 04:55 AM
old man wrote:
> Well thats the bios menu
> you've got to select one of the options, for further info check your mobo
> book
> PS you might have been better advised to select compatible memory
> eg www.crucial.com

Right. I know I have to choose an option, but I looked under all of
them and there's nothing to do with "timing" anywhere there. I'm
thinking either there is no option for that or its called something
else.

old man
March 28th 06, 08:55 AM
It would be a screen that has CAS / Dram settings, if your bios allows you
to change them

oups.com...