PDA

View Full Version : Have I 754 or 939 3700+ ?

Test
March 25th 06, 07:23 PM
Hi,

Just bought a PC and the salesman assured me the machine had a socket 939
processor on an ATI Radeon Xpress 200.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/35123-35527-187917-187917-187917-12254200-64386785.html

Is there any way I can check the socket type without opening the case?

Thanks.

know code
March 25th 06, 07:29 PM
Test wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just bought a PC and the salesman assured me the machine had a socket 939
> processor on an ATI Radeon Xpress 200.
>
> http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/35123-35527-187917-187917-187917-12254200-64386785.html
>
> Is there any way I can check the socket type without opening the case?

Download CPU-Z from http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

It will tell you just about everything your ever wanted to know about
your processor, including which socket it uses.

Test
March 25th 06, 08:34 PM
"know code" > wrote in message
> Test wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just bought a PC and the salesman assured me the machine had a socket 939
>> processor on an ATI Radeon Xpress 200.
>>
>> http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/35123-35527-187917-187917-187917-12254200-64386785.html
>>
>> Is there any way I can check the socket type without opening the case?
>

> Download CPU-Z from http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
>
> It will tell you just about everything your ever wanted to know about your
> processor, including which socket it uses.

Thanks. says its a San diego (939).

craigm
March 25th 06, 09:22 PM
Test wrote:
> "know code" > wrote in message
>
>>Test wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Just bought a PC and the salesman assured me the machine had a socket 939
>>>processor on an ATI Radeon Xpress 200.
>>>
>>>http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/35123-35527-187917-187917-187917-12254200-64386785.html
>>>
>>>Is there any way I can check the socket type without opening the case?
>>

>>Download CPU-Z from http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
>>
>>It will tell you just about everything your ever wanted to know about your
>>processor, including which socket it uses.
>

> Thanks. says its a San diego (939).

So does this

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=1147958&lang=en&cc=uk&docname=c00526415