PDA

View Full Version : moving outlook express settings from XP32 to XP64

Scotter
March 24th 06, 05:41 PM
Has anyone done this?
I'm most confident about moving my addressbook and messages and least
confident about the rules because last time I moved from XP32 to XP32 the
rule-movement involved the registry.
But I'm even worried about compatibility with my addressbook and messages.
Any tips or advice? Thanks!

--
Scotter
Tyan Thunder K8WE

Gold Fingers
March 26th 06, 05:54 AM
i'll talk about it if you post this topic on the 64-bit_Hardware_&_OSs
google group. you will have to become a member before posting. Go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/64-bit_Hardware__OSs

oldwolf
March 26th 06, 07:52 AM
Why should he have to move to another group to get an answer??
Or are you too much of a snob to discuss it in front of all of us , who
might like to know the answer also?
Also newsgroups are meant to be free to assist other readers!

"Gold Fingers" > wrote in message
oups.com...
i'll talk about it if you post this topic on the 64-bit_Hardware_&_OSs
google group. you will have to become a member before posting. Go to:
http://groups.google.com/group/64-bit_Hardware__OSs

Scotter
March 26th 06, 02:39 PM
I gave it a try but: That group has 4 members and 5 topics. Doesn't seem too
popular. But yay I'm a member now and I'll post my question just in case.

--
Scotter
Tyan Thunder K8WE
Dual Opteron 252s (2.6ghz)
4 gig Corsair XMS DDR400 RAM
XFX 7800 GTX 256 w/VGAsilencerV3
500 gig Hitachi SATA 300
160 gig Seagate SATA 150
Dual Dell 24" wide aspect LCDs
550W Antec power supply
X-Fi Platinum Soundblaster
-
"Gold Fingers" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> i'll talk about it if you post this topic on the 64-bit_Hardware_&_OSs
> google group. you will have to become a member before posting. Go to:
> http://groups.google.com/group/64-bit_Hardware__OSs

J. Eric Durbin
March 26th 06, 04:51 PM
On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:39:06 GMT, "Scotter" > wrote:

>I gave it a try but: That group has 4 members and 5 topics. Doesn't seem too
>popular. But yay I'm a member now and I'll post my question just in case.

You might get better results posting your question to:

microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

Scotter
March 26th 06, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the advice, J.
Unfortunately, my ISP doesn't list that newsgroup.
I'm going to ask them to add that newsgroup, though!

--
"J. Eric Durbin" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:39:06 GMT, "Scotter" > wrote:
>
>>I gave it a try but: That group has 4 members and 5 topics. Doesn't seem
>>too
>>popular. But yay I'm a member now and I'll post my question just in case.
>
> You might get better results posting your question to:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

J. Eric Durbin
March 26th 06, 05:37 PM
On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 16:29:54 GMT, "Scotter" > wrote:

"J. Eric Durbin" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:39:06 GMT, "Scotter" > wrote:
>
>>I gave it a try but: That group has 4 members and 5 topics. Doesn't seem
>>too
>>popular. But yay I'm a member now and I'll post my question just in case.
>
> You might get better results posting your question to:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

>Thanks for the advice, J.
>Unfortunately, my ISP doesn't list that newsgroup.
>I'm going to ask them to add that newsgroup, though!

Google groups apparently carries it even though I realize the
interface is a pain. At least it's an alternative.

Carl Kaufmann
March 27th 06, 01:25 AM
J. Eric Durbin wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 16:29:54 GMT, "Scotter" > wrote:
>
> "J. Eric Durbin" > wrote in message
>
>>On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:39:06 GMT, "Scotter" > wrote:
>>

>>>I gave it a try but: That group has 4 members and 5 topics. Doesn't seem
>>>too
>>>popular. But yay I'm a member now and I'll post my question just in case.
>>
>>You might get better results posting your question to:
>>
>>microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
>

>>Thanks for the advice, J.
>>Unfortunately, my ISP doesn't list that newsgroup.
>>I'm going to ask them to add that newsgroup, though!
>

> Google groups apparently carries it even though I realize the
> interface is a pain. At least it's an alternative.

Just add the Microsoft news server to your current newsreader:
news.microsoft.com

Scotter
March 27th 06, 01:57 AM
Wow I didn't realize they had an open news server! Awesome! Thanks!

--
Scotter
Tyan Thunder K8WE
Dual Opteron 252s (2.6ghz)