PDA

View Full Version : where to buy amd barebones?

Doug
March 24th 06, 05:16 PM
I'm looking for advice on online retailers to buy from. Looking to get
an amd x2 4400-based system, and all of the retailers from pricewatch
seem to be a little shady (smksuperstore, supergooddeal, pcparts.com,
magicmicro.com). Does anyone have any suggestions of reliable online
retailers to buy from? or maybe one of the aforementioned retailers is
legit? I just don't feel like dealing with wrong parts swapped in,
damaged shipping, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

General Schvantzkoph
March 24th 06, 06:10 PM
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:16:55 -0800, Doug wrote:

> I'm looking for advice on online retailers to buy from. Looking to get an
> amd x2 4400-based system, and all of the retailers from pricewatch seem to
> be a little shady (smksuperstore, supergooddeal, pcparts.com,
> magicmicro.com). Does anyone have any suggestions of reliable online
> retailers to buy from? or maybe one of the aforementioned retailers is
> legit? I just don't feel like dealing with wrong parts swapped in,
> damaged shipping, etc.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are looking for parts then Newegg is the preferred source. If you
are looking to get a custom system then MonarchComputer.

dawg
March 24th 06, 08:22 PM
"Doug" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm looking for advice on online retailers to buy from. Looking to get
> an amd x2 4400-based system, and all of the retailers from pricewatch
> seem to be a little shady (smksuperstore, supergooddeal, pcparts.com,
> magicmicro.com). Does anyone have any suggestions of reliable online
> retailers to buy from? or maybe one of the aforementioned retailers is
> legit? I just don't feel like dealing with wrong parts swapped in,
> damaged shipping, etc.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Definitely Newegg.com if they have what you want. You can also check
resellerratings.com to get an idea of the "goodness" or "badness" of alot of
online retailers.

Doug
March 24th 06, 09:51 PM
I actually use reseller ratings a lot, but I'm even suspect of some of
those ratings. I feel like it's easy to go in and rate yourself.
Maybe I'm paranoid.

DP
March 25th 06, 03:18 PM
http://www.kc-computers.com/
I've bought three computers from him and he's great to deal with. Look at
HIS reseller ratings and you'll see. Also, read several of the comments
about him. What comes through is how communicative he is with customers and
potential customers.
I think his prices may be on the high side, but then you're paying for the
reliability and trustworthyness of the vendor.

"Doug" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm looking for advice on online retailers to buy from. Looking to get
> an amd x2 4400-based system, and all of the retailers from pricewatch
> seem to be a little shady (smksuperstore, supergooddeal, pcparts.com,
> magicmicro.com). Does anyone have any suggestions of reliable online
> retailers to buy from? or maybe one of the aforementioned retailers is
> legit? I just don't feel like dealing with wrong parts swapped in,
> damaged shipping, etc.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J. Greer
March 25th 06, 08:41 PM
I have good luck with: www.directron.com

Doug wrote:
> I'm looking for advice on online retailers to buy from. Looking to get
> an amd x2 4400-based system, and all of the retailers from pricewatch
> seem to be a little shady (smksuperstore, supergooddeal, pcparts.com,
> magicmicro.com). Does anyone have any suggestions of reliable online
> retailers to buy from? or maybe one of the aforementioned retailers is
> legit? I just don't feel like dealing with wrong parts swapped in,
> damaged shipping, etc.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff DeVore
April 8th 06, 07:43 AM
try mwave.com they rock i got my system there and it was shipping quik all
original packaging with warranty information and packaged very well to
reduce chances of shipping damages .. everytime i have ordered from mwave i
have yet to be dissapointed nice prices as well

General Schvantzkoph
April 8th 06, 01:48 PM
> If you are looking for parts then Newegg is the preferred source. If you
> are looking to get a custom system then MonarchComputer.

I concur, Newegg for parts, Monarch for custom systems.

General Schvantzkoph
April 8th 06, 02:29 PM
On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 08:48:07 -0400, General Schvantzkoph wrote:

>> If you are looking for parts then Newegg is the preferred source. If you
>> are looking to get a custom system then MonarchComputer.
>
> I concur, Newegg for parts, Monarch for custom systems.

I feel like an idiot, I concurred with myself. I didn't notice how old the
original thread was an I didn't bother to look at the responder so I
didn't see that it was me.

DP
April 8th 06, 09:42 PM
"General Schvantzkoph" > wrote in message

> I feel like an idiot, I concurred with myself. I didn't notice how old the
> original thread was an I didn't bother to look at the responder so I
> didn't see that it was me.

Nothing to be ashamed of, General. Some of the most riveting conversations
of my life are ones I had with myself.
The people walking by the park bench I was on may have thought otherwise,
but what do THEY know?