PDA

View Full Version : Really makes sense - NOT

Slick the Original
March 24th 06, 10:05 AM
So a 6800GS and a 7300GS
Which do you think would be faster!!!

6800GS = 140
7300GS = 50

SlicK
p.s
I have a 6800GS and I know the 7300GS will be slower

First of One
March 24th 06, 11:52 PM
Nothing out of the ordinary. The 6200 is slower than the 5900. The 5200 is
slower than the 4600.

nVidia's model numbers are catching up with Radeon model numbers from a few
years ago. Some users already confuse the Radeon 7500 with the Geforce
7-series.

"Slick the Original" > wrote in message
> So a 6800GS and a 7300GS
> Which do you think would be faster!!!
>
> 6800GS = 140
> 7300GS = 50
>
> SlicK
> p.s
> I have a 6800GS and I know the 7300GS will be slower

DaveL
March 25th 06, 01:03 AM
It's simple. The first digit is the series or family number. So a 6200 is
of the same family as the 6800. The remaining digits, for the most part,
represent it's performance relative to the rest of it's family. So a 5900
is faster than a 5700 and a 5600 is faster than a 5200. Now does it make
sense?

DaveL

"First of One" > wrote in message
> Nothing out of the ordinary. The 6200 is slower than the 5900. The 5200 is
> slower than the 4600.
>
> nVidia's model numbers are catching up with Radeon model numbers from a
> few years ago. Some users already confuse the Radeon 7500 with the Geforce
> 7-series.

> "Slick the Original" > wrote in message
>> So a 6800GS and a 7300GS
>> Which do you think would be faster!!!
>>
>> 6800GS = 140
>> 7300GS = 50
>>
>> SlicK
>> p.s
>> I have a 6800GS and I know the 7300GS will be slower

HockeyTownUSA
March 25th 06, 02:20 PM
So does it work like this?

7900
7800
7600 6800
7300 6600 5900
6500 5700
6200 5600 4800
5200 4600
4200

Then throw in GT, LE, and GS in there and it really jumbles things up!

"DaveL" <Top Poster Extraordinaire> wrote in message
. ..
> It's simple. The first digit is the series or family number. So a 6200
> is of the same family as the 6800. The remaining digits, for the most
> part, represent it's performance relative to the rest of it's family. So
> a 5900 is faster than a 5700 and a 5600 is faster than a 5200. Now does
> it make sense?
>
> DaveL
>

> "First of One" > wrote in message
>> Nothing out of the ordinary. The 6200 is slower than the 5900. The 5200
>> is slower than the 4600.
>>
>> nVidia's model numbers are catching up with Radeon model numbers from a
>> few years ago. Some users already confuse the Radeon 7500 with the
>> Geforce 7-series.
>>
>> --
>> "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
>> It can therefore be said that politics is war without
>> bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
>>

>> "Slick the Original" > wrote in message
>>> So a 6800GS and a 7300GS
>>> Which do you think would be faster!!!
>>>
>>> 6800GS = 140
>>> 7300GS = 50
>>>
>>> SlicK
>>> p.s
>>> I have a 6800GS and I know the 7300GS will be slower

First of One
March 25th 06, 11:42 PM
You got waaaay too much time on your hands... that, and the 7300 should be
moved down one notch, while the 4800 and 4600 are at the same level.

"HockeyTownUSA" <magma at comcast dot net> wrote in message
. ..
> So does it work like this?
>
> 7900
> 7800
> 7600 6800
> 7300 6600 5900
> 6500 5700
> 6200 5600 4800
> 5200 4600
> 4200
>
> Then throw in GT, LE, and GS in there and it really jumbles things up!

HockeyTownUSA
March 26th 06, 03:20 PM
A 4800 and 4600 are same level? I don't think so. Ti4800 was slightly more
powerful than the Ti4600, otherwise, why buy one over the other?

And as far as time on my hands, it took me all of five minutes (if that).
Typing text and using the tab key isn't that hard to do.

"First of One" > wrote in message
> You got waaaay too much time on your hands... that, and the 7300 should be
> moved down one notch, while the 4800 and 4600 are at the same level.

> "HockeyTownUSA" <magma at comcast dot net> wrote in message
> . ..
>> So does it work like this?
>>
>> 7900
>> 7800
>> 7600 6800
>> 7300 6600 5900
>> 6500 5700
>> 6200 5600 4800
>> 5200 4600
>> 4200
>>
>> Then throw in GT, LE, and GS in there and it really jumbles things up!

First of One
March 26th 06, 04:51 PM
"HockeyTownUSA" <magma at comcast dot net> wrote in message
>A 4800 and 4600 are same level? I don't think so. Ti4800 was slightly more
>powerful than the Ti4600, otherwise, why buy one over the other?

The 4800 denotes a 4600 with AGP8x support, with exactly the same clock
speeds, which doesn't do much for performance. Here's an article:
http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=msiti4800&page=1&cookie%5Ftest=1