PDA

View Full Version : new to dual monitor...please advise with this settup

laj
March 22nd 06, 09:53 PM
Hi.
I'm runnng winxp sp2, asus kv8 se delux mb, nvidia quadro fx 3000 agp
8x and added an apple cinema 30" to my crt 21". The dual display
works fine and on the nview when picking a monitor it lists the 2
monitors by "plug and play monitor". BUT......
under advanced and monitor it just lists as 'default windows' and when
I look in device manager under monitors it has four entries two
"default display" and two "plug and play".
My text is fuzzy on the lcd (running at 1600x 900) clear fonts are on.
the crt allows up to 85 refresh (used to be 120 when name of monitor
was listed) and the apple only has a choice of 60hz.

Can use some education or direction.
Maybe this is nl for dual display?
Would love to sharpen up the fonts on the lcd

thanks,
jack

laj
March 23rd 06, 12:33 AM
also , I've heard the 'native resolution of the monitor is 1680x1050
or the such, but there's no option for that in the nview or display
properties.? Is it that fonts are clearest at native resolution?