PDA

View Full Version : 5700 ultra ddr2 how fast is it compared with a 6600 gt

Just Wondering
March 20th 06, 07:24 PM
i've just picked up a 2nd hand 5700 128 meg ddr 2 ultra graphics card ,
which i'm going to use on my 2nd pc , my main cd has a 6600 gt 128 meg ddr 3
, just out of interest how fast is the 5700 ultra next to the 6600gt , both
are agp running at 8x.

The 5700 i will be using with a video projector in widescreen , so its not
really for games , its more for the hdmi out put for movies etc , but a bit
of gaming would be nice , mostly world of warcraft, my old card was
standard vga 15pin out.

was it a good 2nd hand buy at 15 uk pounds around 25 us dollars.

deimos
March 20th 06, 10:58 PM
Just Wondering wrote:
> i've just picked up a 2nd hand 5700 128 meg ddr 2 ultra graphics card ,
> which i'm going to use on my 2nd pc , my main cd has a 6600 gt 128 meg ddr 3
> , just out of interest how fast is the 5700 ultra next to the 6600gt , both
> are agp running at 8x.
>
> The 5700 i will be using with a video projector in widescreen , so its not
> really for games , its more for the hdmi out put for movies etc , but a bit
> of gaming would be nice , mostly world of warcraft, my old card was
> standard vga 15pin out.
>
> was it a good 2nd hand buy at 15 uk pounds around 25 us dollars.

I went from a vanilla 5700 to a 6600GT AGP; it felt like my FPS roughly
doubled or more. But the big advantage was being able to run DX9 games
flawlessly instead of in a crippled state or with glitches. WoW runs
pretty great on a 5700 (it's not that complex a game graphically), but
on a 6600GT or 6800GS it's very fluid and tends not to slowdown nearly
as much during raids.