PDA

View Full Version : Any news on what will replace the x2 4800 and when?

Boe
March 11th 06, 10:57 PM
Hello,

I am anxious to build my next system but am waiting until I can't take my
current system any more. Compiling videos on my system is a tad slow. I'm
hoping I can hold out until about September. Any word on what is coming out
from AMD? I figure with Intel's announcement of the faster and less power
chips coming, AMD probably has an anouncment to make as well. I haven't
read anything but that may be because AMD already mentioned what is coming.

Does anyone have any good links to the roadmap or timeline?

Thanks

Wes Newell
March 11th 06, 11:03 PM
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:57:21 -0800, Boe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am anxious to build my next system but am waiting until I can't take my
> current system any more. Compiling videos on my system is a tad slow. I'm
> hoping I can hold out until about September. Any word on what is coming out
> from AMD? I figure with Intel's announcement of the faster and less power
> chips coming, AMD probably has an anouncment to make as well. I haven't
> read anything but that may be because AMD already mentioned what is coming.
>
> Does anyone have any good links to the roadmap or timeline?

Boe
March 12th 06, 12:03 AM
Thank you

news:[email protected]