PDA

View Full Version : CeBIT 2006: Any new AGP sightings?

Lachoneus
March 9th 06, 03:45 PM
I doubt NVIDIA will release a 7900 series card in AGP, but I've read
that the 7600 is pin-compatible with the 6600. I haven't seen any
reports of a 7600-series AGP card, though. Has anyone else?

Ed Forsythe
March 9th 06, 10:51 PM
Nope, but I hope the price of the 7800GS (AGP) will drop significantly
after/during CeBit. My 9800 Pro is getting a little long in the tooth ;-)

"Lachoneus" > wrote in message
>I doubt NVIDIA will release a 7900 series card in AGP, but I've read that
>the 7600 is pin-compatible with the 6600. I haven't seen any reports of a
>7600-series AGP card, though. Has anyone else?

Lachoneus
March 12th 06, 09:40 PM
To answer my own question: The Inquirer reports that several Taiwanese
manufacturers are gearing up to produce a 7600GS AGP this summer.

http://theinquirer.net/?article=30223

Projected core clock is 500MHz (because the PCIe to AGP bridge chip
apparently can't operate reliably above that speed) and 1000-1300MHz
memory. For comparison, eVGA's PCIe 7600GT runs at 580/1500MHz. Still,
assuming they don't disable too many shaders and ROPs, this could be a
worthy follow-on to the 6600GT and could compete with ATI's AGP X1600 cards.

John
March 12th 06, 11:40 PM
The 7600GS is just a lower end version of the AGP 7800GS.

"Lachoneus" > wrote in message ...
> To answer my own question: The Inquirer reports that several Taiwanese
> manufacturers are gearing up to produce a 7600GS AGP this summer.
>
> http://theinquirer.net/?article=30223
>
> Projected core clock is 500MHz (because the PCIe to AGP bridge chip
> apparently can't operate reliably above that speed) and 1000-1300MHz
> memory. For comparison, eVGA's PCIe 7600GT runs at 580/1500MHz. Still,
> assuming they don't disable too many shaders and ROPs, this could be a
> worthy follow-on to the 6600GT and could compete with ATI's AGP X1600 cards.

Larry Roberts
March 13th 06, 01:46 PM
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:40:36 GMT, "John" > wrote:

>The 7600GS is just a lower end version of the AGP 7800GS.

Hence the 7600 name. What did you think it would be?