PDA

View Full Version : Re: GA 7N400 Pro v2 - 2 systems - one retarded (For Slick)

Cat-O-9-Tales
March 7th 06, 03:45 AM
Slick:

The faster system has a 6Y080LO (master) with the OS and a 6Y080PO as the slave
Aren't the Maxtor LOs were slower HDDs?

Paul

Edward N Bromhead
March 12th 06, 11:49 AM
"Cat-O-9-Tales" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Slick:
>
> The faster system has a 6Y080LO (master) with the OS and a 6Y080PO as the
> slave
> Aren't the Maxtor LOs were slower HDDs?
>
> Paul

I also had 2 GA7N400Pro2 systems running with one looking retarded - but in
my case it had the faster cpu (3200 v. 2800 Barton). For ages I put it down
to the different graphics cards (GF5950 v. GF 5600). The answer was simpler.
The 3200 system was set to slow down at a temp lower than that which it ran
at normally, i.e. set to slow down at 60 deg, when it was running at 65 deg.
Now I believe that the temps reported may not be correct, but anyway,
setting the slowdown trigger temp to 80 completely cured the "problem",
which manifested itself sometimes as lockups while scrolling Explorer
windows, and a funny hiccup in the sound about every second or so as well as
a generally lackadaisical feel. The 2800 still plays games better!

The two machines do have different hdds but the same RAM.

Eddie B