PDA

View Full Version : Game port for GA-7N400 Pro2

Uzi
March 4th 06, 09:26 PM
Hi,

1. The above motherboard (7N400pro2) has internal pins for game port.
2. I need them for MIDI connection (connecting a midi keyboard).
3. I don't have the panel for it, and the importer neither has them.
4. I need at least the definition of the MIDI pins so I can build a MIDI
panel myself (which pin goes to which pin in the DIN or game port
socket.)

Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks
Uzi
For e-mail contact and other, see:
http://www.uzipaz.com

Schrodinger's cat
March 5th 06, 09:45 PM
"Uzi" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> 1. The above motherboard (7N400pro2) has internal pins for game port.
> 2. I need them for MIDI connection (connecting a midi keyboard).
> 3. I don't have the panel for it, and the importer neither has them.
> 4. I need at least the definition of the MIDI pins so I can build a MIDI
> panel myself (which pin goes to which pin in the DIN or game port
> socket.)
>
> Can anyone help with this issue?
>
> Thanks
> Uzi
> For e-mail contact and other, see:
> http://www.uzipaz.com

Dabs usually stock accessories for Gigabyte boards but unfortunately they
are out of stock at present - keep checking back...

http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=2QQ3&CategorySelectedId=11144&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11144,50509&InMerch=1

jpsga
March 6th 06, 03:43 PM
"Uzi" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:45:41 -0000, "Schrodinger's cat"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Uzi" > wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> 1. The above motherboard (7N400pro2) has internal pins for game port.
>>> 2. I need them for MIDI connection (connecting a midi keyboard).
>>> 3. I don't have the panel for it, and the importer neither has them.
>>> 4. I need at least the definition of the MIDI pins so I can build a MIDI
>>> panel myself (which pin goes to which pin in the DIN or game port
>>> socket.)
>>>
>>> Can anyone help with this issue?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Uzi
>>> For e-mail contact and other, see:
>>> http://www.uzipaz.com
>>>

>>Dabs usually stock accessories for Gigabyte boards but unfortunately they
>>are out of stock at present - keep checking back...
>>
>>http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=2QQ3&CategorySelectedId=11144&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11144,50509&InMerch=1
>
> Thanks. It seems that they do not sell this abroad, so I need to either
> find it in a store that ships to Israel (where I live) or still need the
> documentation in order to build it myself.
>
> Thanks,
> Uzi
> For e-mail contact and other, see:
> http://www.uzipaz.com

I guess no one can figure out why you don't just buy an inexpensive sound
card with a MITI port on it. Disable the the on-board sound and install
same.
JPS

Uzi
March 6th 06, 07:08 PM
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:43:55 -0500, "jpsga" > wrote:

>I guess no one can figure out why you don't just buy an inexpensive sound
>card with a MITI port on it. Disable the the on-board sound and install
>same.
>JPS

If I cannot get the mapping of the pins, then this is exactly what I'm
going to do. connecting the pins is still simpler (if I have the map).

In fact, I was looking for the pins definition of the game port on the
board - not for buying an adapeter.
Uzi
For e-mail contact and other, see:
http://www.uzipaz.com

Schrodinger's cat
March 6th 06, 08:19 PM
"Uzi" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:43:55 -0500, "jpsga" > wrote:
>
>>I guess no one can figure out why you don't just buy an inexpensive sound
>>card with a MITI port on it. Disable the the on-board sound and install
>>same.
>>JPS
>
> If I cannot get the mapping of the pins, then this is exactly what I'm
> going to do. connecting the pins is still simpler (if I have the map).
>
> In fact, I was looking for the pins definition of the game port on the
> board - not for buying an adapeter.
> Uzi
> For e-mail contact and other, see:
> http://www.uzipaz.com

This is in your manual (Page 40). If you have lost the manual, you can
download it from Gigabyte.

If you don't have broadband to download the manual just post back here and
I'll tell you the pin definitions.

HTH

Martin

Uzi
March 7th 06, 11:06 AM
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:19:20 -0000, "Schrodinger's cat"
> wrote:

>This is in your manual (Page 40). If you have lost the manual, you can
>download it from Gigabyte.
>
>If you don't have broadband to download the manual just post back here and
>I'll tell you the pin definitions.

Many thanks,
I have no idea why I overlooked it in the first place.

Thank you very much. That solved my problem, and I now have my keyboard
connected and MIDI connection works fine.
Uzi
For e-mail contact and other, see:
http://www.uzipaz.com

Schrodinger's cat
March 7th 06, 08:31 PM
"Uzi" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:19:20 -0000, "Schrodinger's cat"
> > wrote:
>
>>This is in your manual (Page 40). If you have lost the manual, you can
>>download it from Gigabyte.
>>
>>If you don't have broadband to download the manual just post back here and
>>I'll tell you the pin definitions.
>
> Many thanks,
> I have no idea why I overlooked it in the first place.
>
> Thank you very much. That solved my problem, and I now have my keyboard
> connected and MIDI connection works fine.
> Uzi
> For e-mail contact and other, see:
> http://www.uzipaz.com

Excellent - well done.