PDA

View Full Version : Re: Screen blanks when opening the nvidia drivers' settings

John W
March 2nd 06, 06:07 PM
More...

I installed the proper drivers for my particular monitor and the screen no
longer blanks. Before the monitor was just set to the generic monitor type.

So, my assumption is that if you have "auto detect" set and no specific
monitor drivers installed, the NVIDIA driver tries to detect the correct
settings and this blanks the screen for a second or two?

John W

"Seeker" > wrote in message
>I bought a used Philips monitor and it works fine. However, when I
> open up the settings of the nvidia drivers the screen blanks and then
> appears again. I think this is annoying. Anyone know if it can be
> fixed? It didn't do it with my old monitor which sadly passed away
> (also a Philips)

Seeker
March 3rd 06, 11:45 PM
"John W" > wrote in
:

> I installed the proper drivers for my particular monitor and the
> screen no longer blanks. Before the monitor was just set to the
> generic monitor type.

What do you mean the proper drivers?

John W
March 4th 06, 02:47 AM
My monitor came with drivers that set the proper refresh rates and
resolutions supported by the monitor. They should also be available on the
manufacturers web site.

To update the monitor driver, right click on the desk top, select
PROPERTIES, SETTINGS, ADVANCED, MONITOR, PROPERTIES, DRIVER, UPDATE DRIVER.
This will start a Wizard that you can point at the specific driver for your
monitor.

John W

"Seeker" > wrote in message
> "John W" > wrote in
> :
>
>> I installed the proper drivers for my particular monitor and the
>> screen no longer blanks. Before the monitor was just set to the
>> generic monitor type.
>>

> What do you mean the proper drivers?

John W
March 4th 06, 04:16 PM
Here's where you can find drivers for Philips Monitors:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/

John W