PDA

View Full Version : GA-7Zx Rev: 1.01 USB 2.0 PCI Card

March 2nd 06, 03:26 AM
Anyone know if a PCI USB 2.0 card is made that will allow booting from
USB 2.0 with the GA-7Zx Rev: 1.01 board.

Bios upgrade allows big drives, but no mention of usb 2.0 support.
Is it possible to achieve with this board?

Ian
March 25th 06, 02:12 AM
On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 02:26:46 -0000, n > wrote:

> Anyone know if a PCI USB 2.0 card is made that will allow booting from
> USB 2.0 with the GA-7Zx Rev: 1.01 board.
>
> Bios upgrade allows big drives, but no mention of usb 2.0 support.
> Is it possible to achieve with this board?

After a lot of thought, I have decided that you can't achieve this with
your board. Later boards will offer USB devices as a boot option in BIOS.
Of course, someone might prove me wrong, but I'm 98% sure. If you can do
it, it won't be via any card, it would need to be a main USB 2.0 post, one
of the two on the motherboard itself. USB device support at BIOS level is
not for add-in cards.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0612-3, 24/03/2006
Tested on: 25/03/2006 01:12:04