PDA

View Full Version : Re: We Need Your Help

Virus Guy
March 1st 06, 03:08 PM
Mike wrote:

> We are in the process of building the largest P.C. Tech Based
> Forums on the net.

It's been done.

It's called usenet.

Dan
March 2nd 06, 04:17 AM
> wrote in message
> On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 09:08:48 -0500, Virus Guy > wrote:
>
>>Mike wrote:
>>
>>> We are in the process of building the largest P.C. Tech Based
>>> Forums on the net.
>>
>>It's been done.
>>
>>It's called usenet.
>
> and it's so much easier than using web forums.

Forums > Usenet

:-)

Andrew
March 2nd 06, 08:17 AM
On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 03:17:50 GMT, "Dan" >
wrote:

>Forums > Usenet

Someone just posted this well put article in another group:
http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/rants/webforums.html

McGrandpa
March 2nd 06, 10:50 AM
"Andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 03:17:50 GMT, "Dan" >
> wrote:
>
>>Forums > Usenet
>
> Someone just posted this well put article in another group:
> http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/rants/webforums.html

Right on. Site based forums have their uses, on small scale. I'd still
rather see all of it in the globally propagated 'database'... Usenet.
McG.

Shawk
March 3rd 06, 06:51 PM
"Andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 03:17:50 GMT, "Dan" >
> wrote:
>
>>Forums > Usenet
>
> Someone just posted this well put article in another group:
> http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/rants/webforums.html

As you say - it was well put. Written in May 2003. I doubt the explosion
of the web-based forums since has calmed the guy since....